3 years ? ago. Scotland. Cyclist went missing. Anyone familiar with this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do they though?
I bet there's not a huge amount of unsolved murders each year.

Unless you're confessing ?
This chap was classed as missing I think until the police received the information he had been killed and buried, so though not murdered he was an unknown dead until now.

I'll not split hairs though and as its just unsolved murders we're referencing i.e. cases where people are known to have been killed a quick search says it's around 20% or 168 for 2020/21.

Also unfortunately sometimes those involved get it wrong such this case from 1987 where despite the victim's body being found bound and gagged the pathologist initially classed it as suicide. There was a excellent tv programme made about it.

Jody

Stubborn git
Also unfortunately sometimes those involved get it wrong such this case from 1987 where despite the victim's body being found bound and gagged the pathologist initially classed it as suicide. There was a excellent tv programme made about it.

Sounds a bit like the secret service guy that padlocked himself inside a suitcase, in his bath, having turned the flat heating up to full.

Just a "sex game" gone wrong :whistle:

Last edited:
Sounds a bit like the secret service guy that padlocked himself inside a suitcase, in his bath having turned the flat heating up to full.

Just a "sex game" gone wrong :whistle:

And thats going into cover up not just incompetance isn't it. I remember that case which has a lot of differing opinions (coroner initially ruled unlawful death, police belived accident) and another - David Kelly the weapons expert who's 'suicide' has always had doubt on it.

I'm getting off topic though sorry, I'll leave it there for unsolved murders and possible murders:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
A Breaking Bad reference - one of the most unrealistic things is they have that stuff lying around a high school!

HF is really nasty stuff, although it's not actually a strong acid.

I mean, I once was trying to electrolyse water, and forgot that you had to be discerning about what you used to make the water conductive. I chose table salt... and came back to find that I'd produced a load of chlorine gas in my bedroom. Of course the solution left behind there is sodium hydroxide, so a competent chemist could probably avoid leaving an obvious trail.

Oh aye, it's hoffiffic stuff. Even getting it on your skin it'll leach down into the bones over time and the only cure is amputation. We were taught never to touch a burned out car or motorbike because many of the synthetic rubber components excrete the stuff when burned.

Solocle

Über Member
And thats going into cover up not just incompetance isn't it. I remember that case which has a lot of differing opinions (coroner initially ruled unlawful death, police belived accident) and another - David Kelly the weapons expert who's 'suicide' has always had doubt on it.

I'm getting off topic though sorry, I'll leave it there for unsolved murders and possible murders:okay:

I mean, doesn't hold a candle to the Russians...

Suicide, shot himself 6 times in the back, then jumped out of a 10th story window.

Solocle

Über Member
Kettle has just boiled. One polonium or two?

Two, watered down with some Novichok please.

Incidentally, there's probably over 1 Bq of Polonium here in my hand (translating to perhaps 1000+ atoms):

IMG_1509.jpeg

Jody

Stubborn git
Suicide, shot himself 6 times in the back, then jumped out of a 10th story window.

Nah, we just like quaint old churches

1691144923455.jpeg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If they'd hidden the body with the Iraqi WMD he'd have never been found! :laugh:

er......if your attempting to make a murder look like suicide, hiding the body is the last thing you should do dear boy!

They left it under a tree with some pill packets and his old pruning knife, neither of which had DK's fingerprints on them....

er......if your attempting to make a murder look like suicide, hiding the body is the last thing you should do dear boy!

They left it under a tree with some pill packets and his old pruning knife, neither of which had DK's fingerprints on them....

What was the coroner's verdict then ?

Top Bottom