30 mile round trip commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
If you don't maintain and clean an ebike then you would also have to pay out for new parts. Personally, I would stick with mixing between a scooter/125 and your bike, but introduce some cleaning and maintenance.
I dont see any difference between a cycle, ebike or motorcycle, all need to be maintained

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I dont see any difference between a cycle, ebike or motorcycle, all need to be maintained
I totally agree, so why go to the effort of switching to a new bike or even a car?

CXRAndy

Guru
I totally agree, so why go to the effort of switching to a new bike or even a car?

In the context of the O/P, using a moped or motorcycle whilst being a little easier to filter in town they emit pollution whilst doing so. Riding and S pedelec will allow the rider to cover distance quickly, emit no tailpipe pollution.

I'm booking my kids on a CBT course, they have agreed its a useful entitlement. Especially as one lives on the outskirts of London. They are already complaining of the £15/day travel expense.:biggrin:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The cheaper e-bikes just seem to twist and go. They don't bother implementing the pedalling requirement. My father had a Powabyke Salisbury that was like this. It was quite fun.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The cheaper e-bikes just seem to twist and go

Not so much now since it became illegal to supply a twist and go ebike, although like other ebike regulations, some retailers ignore them.

Twist and go is a bit more complicated because as far as anyone can gather, it's selling, rather than using such a bike that's illegal.

Thus it would be legal to use a non twist and go bike which you bought as such then later fitted a throttle.

Top Bottom