30 miles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If it's a non stop affair maybe 45-50 is doable.weekend rides tend to be a cake stop ride at about 40 miles then we will come back for a total of 65-70 miles.century rides for me are a 2 stop affair

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
40 to 45 miles is my typical weekend ride, good distance to contemplate life without ending half dead.

scragend

My commute is 11 miles each way. But I only do that if the weather is dry because we have no facilities at work and I don't want to arrive drenched*. If I'm going out for a "proper" ride then I want it to be at least 30 miles, otherwise I do feel like I've not made the most of it. A day out ride I would probably look for about 40; what I tend to do is get a train to somewhere and then ride home, because then I can't back out of it because I have to get home ^_^ On a tour I'd aim for between 50 and 70 per day.

Time is the limiting factor for me rather than distance; sadly I don't often get the opportunity to go out for several hours.

* I'm also soft and dissolve in the rain

25 - 30 is about right for me, with a very occasional 40 - 50 thrown in when in the mood, usually in the summer when I will drive to somewhere where there is an interesting ride I want to do.

It does vary according the the amount of climbing, but to me it is more to do with the time than the distance. Anything longer than 2 to 3 hours and tedium sets in.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
But do you have to talk to them at all?
You raise a worrying point ...

And is there any danger that they may try to talk to me?

This may be a trap.

I only own an ebike now, so rides are, of course, determined by the bikes range.
About 10 miles out to a coffee stop, then 10 miles back home, leaving about 1/3rd of battery in reserve works for me.

YellowV2

Veteran
50-75 miles two or three times a week with a few others of between 15 and 25 on other days. The longer rides will normally have a cafe stop halfway.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
40 miles is my happy place, knackered enough to wan't to be home, but long enough to feel like I have pushed myself.

Weekly 2x63m (100km) is what we like to do with my little ride group, around 40m (65km) would be the usual midwinter distance, we only have one stop at those distances. We do do imperial centuries 2 or 3 times in midsummer, but with those it's usually 3 stops ~25m.

Top Bottom