35mm tyres with Raceblade Pro XL mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dadam

I've got Raceblade Pro XLs fitted over 33.3mm tyres on my Tempest - so I just nipped over to the garage to grab a couple of photos. They're so adjustable that they'd easily take 35mm tyres - you can see the spare real estate behind the stays, but they might just let a bit of mud or water fly past.

They are excellent - just need to make sure they're done up tightly.

Thanks that's really useful. Are you sure those are 33.3mm tyres? They look enormous in the photos.

I've taken a punt on the 35mm Allrounds, as they were nearly half price at Merlin. Worst case I can use them as summer gravel tyres without the guards, or put them on my hybrid.

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Well I put the 35mm G-Ones on last week and the guards fit just fine. There is a few mm clearance each side where the stays attach, so they seem fine for 35s. You do need a fair bit of fine tuning to get them central. I guess 37 probably would be a practical max. I'm liking these Allround tyres, they are giving me a bit more confidence on wet mucky roads.

Went on a nice 10 mile ride yesterday with about 3 miles on little farm roads. These have tarmac but lots of runoff water, and a sludgy covering of mud and horsemuck in places. I'd planned 15-20 but it started to hammer down about 6 miles in.

I can't say I have noticed any difference in speed or acceleration yet.

Top Bottom