3rd time it's ever happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J.Primus

Pedestrain sprinted full tilt into the road in front of me today. He came running out of Moorgate tube and straight into the road without looking (distance from door to road is about 2m, took about a second in all). Wasn't going too fast so managed to swerve enough to miss him with the bike although I caught him with my shoulder. I'll admit the words "fkin idiot" did pass my lips as I struggled to keep my bike upright.
Apparently as I stopped he says he said sorry inbetween threats to fill me in so as far as he was concerned the jumping in the road issue was sorted, and now we just needed to talk about the insult. I did point out that what he did was extremely dangerous as I could have gone under a bus, or if he was really unlucky he could have ran under one (someone did just down the road 2 months ago). But no that was clearly not the issue. Turns out he just wanted to shout a bit given that as I didn't cycle off when he kept threatening me he had to either take a swing in the middle of a busy road or leave. He left.
I was having such a nice ride in as well!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Charming

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

Or apparantly both in this case! Even though I must admit I missed the apology. I don't know how he got so angry in such a short space of time, you could see the veins bulging out of his forehead!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Riding through the centre of Leeds each day means there's lots of pedestrians just stepping out. They don't hear and engine so just cross without looking, or follow the person in front when the lights are on green.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
I ride through a quite housing est on my way to work, always get people steping off the kerb in front of me, mostly on there phones! I have a horn on my bike and take great pleasure in scaring the s#!7 out of them, like above just because they cant hear an engine they think the're good to cross

Must be the season for it - I met a kamikaze newspaper boy on a bike this morning - almost literally. Was going round a blind 90 degree bend at about 16-18mph - saw the "idiot" coming straight at me on the wrong side of the road. Managed to dodge him and might have uttered a few expletives about "having a death wish" and "what if I'd been a car". Sure he'll have written them of as the "what do you know" rantings of a MAMIL and I'll hear reports of said newspaper boy spread over a traumatised drivers bonnet in a few days.

Davidsw8

My CEO came over this morning (he knows I'm a cyclist) and told me that 4 cyclists tried to mow him down on his walk in through Central London this morning. I reckon it's probably mostly the cyclists' fault from what he described but there's probably an element of him being in his own world a bit ^_^.

I know it's a very unpopular idea but an enforced jay-walking law in UK cities would make my cycling around so much easier.

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

It's got so bad on some parts (Lombard St!!!) that it's easier to tailgate a van if you're going down a minor road as at last that way you can ride its wake ped free.

BSRU

A Human Being
Maybe someone should invent a bike horn that sounds like a car revving or even better a car screeching to a halt:tongue:

tadpole

In Bath, the place is so stuffed with overseas tourists that they've put paint on the road to tell them to look for cars. It doesn't work, and every time I cycle there I'm given the opportunity to shout "Traffic" at the numpties looking the wrong way.

Top Bottom