3w tesco torch aa rechargeable battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Twenty Inch said:
Chuffy what size batteries are you running? and where did you get them?

:smile:
Harrumph....;)

Chuffy said:
Rejoice! :biggrin:

Open up the bottom of the torch.
  • Remove batteries.
  • Look for the white sticker just inside the torch body.
  • Scrape this off.
  • Your torch will now take Maplins 2500 mh AAs (although you will have to also unscrew the head and LED unit to poke them through when they're spent).
Yay! :smile:

Same method, using gp 2700's, ta dah. C'mon Tynan buy one you know you want to ;)

jimboalee

They’re such an easy circuit.

Hard solder some wire to the centre pad of the LED PCB.
Make the negative contact on any part of the unpainted body.

Build up a full-wave rectifier with 4 diodes.

Connect to your Sturmey Dynohub, as on my BSA 20, or any 6V ac generator.

Hey Presto. 3W light forever!!!!

Tynan

Veteran
not me, I've become a bit of a tart for kit, and I've spunked out on a joystick maxx, don;t think one of these would look too good next to that

Tynan said:
not me, I've become a bit of a tart for kit, and I've spunked out on a joystick maxx, don;t think one of these would look too good next to that

Nice light but you could mount 16 Tesco lights on the bars for that :smile:;)

Horses for courses in 'it. I don't need such a good light but if I ever did the Joystick would be near the top of my list or possibly a Fenix :biggrin: Hmmmm

jimboalee

Went for a quick ten miler last evening, in the pitch dark lanes between Solihull, Meriden and Kenilworth.

Tesco lamp did well on the Sturmey Dynohub. Saw all the potholes, and dead squirels.

Now a front lamp that is bright enough to pick out a £1 coin outside the Bear at Berkswell, is bright enough for me...:biggrin:

White LEDs tend to make puddles look like black chasms. This one was better than I've seen before.

Top Bottom