3w tesco torch aa rechargeable battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAGBOG

PrettyboyTim said:
Anyone have any recommendations for NiMH cells that are sufficiently thin?

Bought my Tesco 2AA's yesterday and have tried Energiser 2500, Uniross 1300 and Olympus 1700 (all NMHI) and they all fitted with room to spare.

I do not understand the problem unless the latter ones have been "sorted"

MajorMantra

BAGBOG said:
Bought my Tesco 2AA's yesterday and have tried Energiser 2500, Uniross 1300 and Olympus 1700 (all NMHI) and they all fitted with room to spare.

I do not understand the problem unless the latter ones have been "sorted"

I never had problems either but I have no trouble believing that the tolerances are on the large side for these torches. You can only get so much for your money and they're damned good for the price.

Matthew

Tony B

Downward said:
Dammit just looking at getting my lights set up and can only find 3 rechargeable batteries that fit it which are some old 1300 Energizer (Silver and Green)
But the batteries that came with the charger (Uniross 15 minute charger 2 x AA 2300 Blue) fit fine. The later Black and Silver batteries won't.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uniross-15-Mi...s_SM?hash=item4148cb93bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cheers for the link just bought one of theses chargers, just what I need for winter to charge my batteries up, for the Tescos 3w light my son uses Aldi rechargeables about £3, do the job and fit perfectly.

Downward

Guru
Tony B said:
Cheers for the link just bought one of theses chargers, just what I need for winter to charge my batteries up, for the Tescos 3w light my son uses Aldi rechargeables about £3, do the job and fit perfectly.

Those chargers are really good - We have 2 and have used them for a year for all the kids toys. I just leave one at work and charge the torch batteries while I get changed.

Goobs

Veteran
I ordered 4 of 7dayshops 2800maH batteries but they are just too fat to fit in !
Will try scratching the sticker off the inside of the torch tonight...

Tony B

Downward said:
Dammit just looking at getting my lights set up and can only find 3 rechargeable batteries that fit it which are some old 1300 Energizer (Silver and Green)
But the batteries that came with the charger (Uniross 15 minute charger 2 x AA 2300 Blue) fit fine. The later Black and Silver batteries won't.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uniross-15-Mi...s_SM?hash=item4148cb93bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Got it yesterday, brilliant piece of kit, recharges batteries in no time, well chuffed :thumbsup:

Downward

Guru
Energiser 2450 ones fit - £5 ish from E bay

Niall McL

Downward said:
Energiser 2450 ones fit - £5 ish from E bay

Just got these as well. Good fit on one torch but really tight on a second one. Both ends off the torch and push the batteris out is easy enough though.

Top Bottom