4 attempts on my life this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm not sure it's mentally healthy to think of all those drivers as trying to kill you. They're just normal impatient drivers, and their actions might be annoying and wrong, but also fairly predictable and avoidable. Of course I'm not saying that you should have to avoid these, or that there is anything good about their driving in those clips, that's nothing more than good defensive cycling. I'd certainly shame their driving and registration numbers on youtube and roadsafe the two pulling out at junctions.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
3 brilliant examples of people just being bloody impatient and not double checking. the last one tho you looked like you were in his blind spot, but regardless he should have indicated.

as for the first two i notice you don't use your airzound until after they're out and you're almost round em, i understand you're most likely covering your brakes here but i would advise seeing if you can move it so you can sound the horn when you spot the bother, it may save you having to brake to hard or at all if they stop because of the sound.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Kirstall Road?

I'm happy enough cycling along it though I ride a tad more defensively than the original poster.

I don't see any point in publishing registration plate details - what do it accomplish?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Well if i was in an incident, I reckon just in case I'd google their reg.
If I found something, it could reinforce my case?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Well if i was in an incident, I reckon just in case I'd google their reg.
If I found something, it could reinforce my case?

Really?

I think that I must have a different mind set to many of those who frequent the commuting forum. I ride in similar traffic conditions and have only had one or two 'encounters' in the past six or seven years non of which I considered worthy of a rant.

I'm not trolling I'm just stating my beliefs based upon my experiences.

Mr Celine

Discordian
The first two look they've been 'let out' of the junction by the vehicle on your right. Doesn't excuse them not looking for themselves, just explains it.

Edit: Which means the attempts on your life are a conspiracy!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

For the 1st 2 I was going just over 20mph before slamming the brakes on

That's about 10mph faster than the conditions warranted. Filtering up the inside of a lane of traffic is only safe at a very slow speed.

One more reason not to have a camera and post the results on the internet.

Tynan

Veteran
oh please, filtering up the inside og traffic is practically a full time activity in a town centre in rush hour

yes, 20 might be a bit quick in traffic that tight but all three of those incidents would have seriously ticked me off, all were manouvres made by a driver oblivious/unbothered to what might be around them

davefb

Guru
did you have one of those invis jackets on ?

tbh, i'd have held back on the 3rd one, theres an turn ,someones gunna cut across it,, but those other two were just stupid.

malkie

1st was scary close.

For the 3rd I`m always in primary there because there`s always cars parked outside Venice Pizza ....on double yellows ... on a permanent cycle lane...I tend to get out and stay out especially since there`s another left hook waiting to happen 50 yards up.

F*ck em ... I am traffic.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sailors deal with this stuff thus...

"Here lies the body of Michael O'Day,
who died maintaining the right of way.
He was right, dead right, as he sailed along,
but he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong."​

Top Bottom