4 billion pounds!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I reckon we should put in a bid. Do you get a big wad of cash up-front? :whistle: Which CC'ers would we get to do the various bits and bobs though ... ?
If it's anything like the government contracts we have worked on, you will be lucky to be paid three months after you submit your invoice. Very lucky. It's a mystery...it's not even their money.
I bet Sir Humphrey''s mobile phone bill gets paid on time before he gets cut off though...

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Three months?

18 months after supplying Michael Martin with his exclusive Speaker's Malt, (a malt with all indications of origin removed and branded up specially), my wife still had not been paid. This despite several cases a month being shipped mind you. She was told by a staffer in the Commons that being a chosen supplier was a privilege and an honour for a whisky company. Eventually they paid a portion of the bill, only because supplies were halted. When he was run out of office in disgrace there was a five figure amount still outstanding. Don't know if it was ever paid but I know my wife's company declined the invitation to supply John Bercow.

Tin Pot

Guru
The very important Vikings met in longhouses. Good enough for them, good enough for our lot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhYM9uI6b6qkN6KQJM7Z1idxVznJ-BUpUx0AU486sBjsiEyw3x.jpg

Put them all in a barn I say.

Thunderdome!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Three months?

18 months after supplying Michael Martin with his exclusive Speaker's Malt, (a malt with all indications of origin removed and branded up specially), my wife still had not been paid. This despite several cases a month being shipped mind you. She was told by a staffer in the Commons that being a chosen supplier was a privilege and an honour for a whisky company. Eventually they paid a portion of the bill, only because supplies were halted. When he was run out of office in disgrace there was a five figure amount still outstanding. Don't know if it was ever paid but I know my wife's company declined the invitation to supply John Bercow.

Great! That saved me as a taxpayer some money. :whistle:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ooh, no diptera on you!
Don't know what you mean, it's all Greek to me.

Top Bottom