4 billion pounds!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I know I'm tired and grumpy tonight but I'm saddened by the suggestions to kill the incumbent MPs. Said in jest? Whatever. Look Jo Cox's family and friends in the eye and say it to them ... or shut up.

Glenn

Veteran
Why not just build a very large warehouse.Then fit partitions,section areas off.Nowt fancy.Just a basic four walls and a roof.Could even leave the roof unplastered i have seen it in modern cafes and restaurants.Could save a few bob.

Still need to repair the palace though as it's a grade 1 listed building.

LocalLad

I often chuckle when the press uses statistics like this...4bn sounds incredible in isolation,but if we instead say the government will spend 0.1% of its total tax income for 6 years, it doesn't sound quite so bad

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's not going to cost £4 billion though, is it? Public sector construction contracts have a bit of a reputation for running over budget. BTW, I wonder what the wallpaper bill is going to be. Didn't Derry Irvine's pad need £59,000 worth back in 1998?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry_Irvine,_Baron_Irvine_of_Lairg#Reputation

tyred

Legendary Member
A few tubs of Pollyfilla, a lick of paint and paper over the cracks with woodchip paper and Bob's your uncle:okay:

I suppose the budget is going on paying professionals to deal with the finer details -
article-1371552-0B678D5300000578-275_306x247.jpg

Shaun

Founder
I reckon we should put in a bid. Do you get a big wad of cash up-front? :whistle: Which CC'ers would we get to do the various bits and bobs though ... ?

Top Bottom