4 billion pounds!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
With you.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What money have you asked for and been turned down? I'm trying to say this in a nice way, but your argument is incredibly juvenile and simplistic. It is also the sort of argument forwarded by Brexiteers and look at the cack that we are in, now.
What I said was for the people of this country, not me as an individual. What about the NHS, all the charities begging for money, armed forces not having proper equipment, the homeless and so on...
As for Brexit, I am strongly in favour of staying in so that one doesn't wash.

ayceejay

Guru
The very important Vikings met in longhouses. Good enough for them, good enough for our lot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhYM9uI6b6qkN6KQJM7Z1idxVznJ-BUpUx0AU486sBjsiEyw3x.jpg

Put them all in a barn I say.

Why not the modern day eedjits only have to choose between the same three things pillage and rape and plunder?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
£4bn is about £70 each. It's a bargain.

It's also a shame they don't bite the bullet and sort out democracy, which would cost less but have more impact - but that's not exactly a decision for the parliamentary committee dealing with the buildings.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a phenomenal amount of money, but as rocky says they've got to meet somewhere, and Westminster is a building of incredible beauty, would you rather just let it fall down?

Edit, it's not for themselves, it's a building of national, probably international, importance.
Agreed, it's a beautiful building inside and out. It deserves to be restored. I doubt knocking it down and building something new that size would cost much less and probably more

It'll last rather longer too once restored than another 4bn quid in the bottomless pit of the NHS. About 3 months of drug budget...

Apparently it'll take 20+ years so £70 pp over that time is hardly financially crippling

Last edited:

Goggs

Guru
Agreed, it's a beautiful building inside and out. It deserves to be restored. I doubt knocking it down and building something new that size would cost much less and probably more

It'll last rather longer too once restored than another 4bn quid in the bottomless pit of the NHS. About 3 months of drug budget...

Apparently it'll take 20+ years so £70 pp over that time is hardly financially crippling

Wow!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What I said was for the people of this country, not me as an individual. What about the NHS, all the charities begging for money, armed forces not having proper equipment, the homeless and so on...
As for Brexit, I am strongly in favour of staying in so that one doesn't wash.
As @User14044 says - that's a silly, childish argument.

It's also mathematically illiterate. The annual budget for the NHS is about £100bn (and has increased year on year on year), so £4bn is two weeks of running the NHS. This will be the first time our most iconic building bar none has been properly refurbished in 70 years (or 150 years in some cases). Not doing it is like allowing the Eiffel Tower to fall down.

Top Bottom