4 day week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Good move Ian, if you can afford it you'll never reget it. I'm in the lucky position of being able to work from home pretty much when i feel like it, i would switch to 4 days permamnently if i could afford it.
My sister does 4 days a week but added the fifth day's hours to each day so does 9 with half an hour lunch, seems to work well.

Enjoy it.

paul

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Me - I moved from 5 to 4 days about 6 years ago. I do the same hours as before, just longer days.

Works great as I get a mid-week day off to bits n bobs and then spend weekend with kids.

I went from 5 days to 4 and back to 5 days (situational - had to happen). If I could, I'd load everything back into 4 days, work an extra couple of hours Mon-Thurs and have the extra day off each week.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers mate.
Be prepared for Friday lunchtime tea up visits :rolleyes:;)

465614.jpg

arallsopp said:
Well done Ian. That's a sign of healthy mind, relationship and finances. Its all good. As you know, I work varying hours (depends who's asking) with 3 days in the office, and somewhere between 4 and 1 at home.

This is valuable time. Kudos to you.

I love my job but seven days a week can get a bit much during the summer so I'm planning to have November and December off each year and head of to somewhere sunny.:sad:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
great idea mate

Hilldodger said:
I love my job but seven days a week can get a bit much during the summer so I'm planning to have November and December off each year and head of to somewhere sunny.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
I love my job but seven days a week can get a bit much during the summer so I'm planning to have November and December off each year and head of to somewhere sunny.;)

Mountsorrel?

I'd be happy to work 4 days a week if I could afford it - as it is I do 4 in one job and one in the other, so I get a break from the main job anyway.

Nice one Ian - I hope you have many happy Fridays.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
User1314 said:
When my youngest was 6 months, and my oldest 3 years and 2 months, I was made redundant and wife went back to work. I quite happily became a house-husband for six months. It was a long hot summer! 2003. Went back to work in Autumn 2003 (after she made me!)

Now my wife had brought up the oldest. He was, and is, enaged, talkative and charming.

I brought up the baby. Took him to the age of three before he started speaking, then had to have speech therapy lessons. Shy for years. And walked about with a shocked daze for years as well.

Don't think I'm cut out to be a stay at home dad.

I brought up all 3 of mine and yet I have one normal-ish to shy, one with verbal diarrhoea, and one that is very shy, and needed speech therapy for a couple of years. I suspect your youngest was probably always going to be shy and had a great time with you looking after him.

I did the career break thing to bring up my children and then have only ever gone back to work part time since ... wanting to be there when they came home - I don't think I could go back to full time work now... I'm not ambitious enough to want to progress up a career ladder, and don't know how I could fit everything in if I did (for a start I would have to give up coming on here which would give me a lot more time!!!;)).

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Right that has really cheered me up after the day i've had ;) I want a short week but i guess working in the motor trade will never let that happen...what jobs let you do shorter weeks because i am thinking more and more that family rules and work sucks !

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
In my case it's one of the few pleasures of getting older. Sold the business, paid off everything, now working for around 18 hrs a week...

...plus all the unpaid cycling stuff.

joolsybools

I'm hoping to give up my job or at least go part time so I have time for some other independent endeavours. They certainly won't add up in total to 40 hours a week and they will certainly be more enjoyable than my current situation.

Good on all those who manage this ;)

skudupnorth said:
Right that has really cheered me up after the day i've had :ohmy: I want a short week but i guess working in the motor trade will never let that happen...what jobs let you do shorter weeks because i am thinking more and more that family rules and work sucks !

In 18 days time I would have completed 28 years there,mind blowing...easy to do the shifts when you are younger but I am older and always tired.

Top Bottom