40 mile commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, very best of luck to you. Looking forward to hearing how you got on.

potsy

Rambler
patheticshark said:
And it begins...

Up at 5.15 tomorrow to leave 6am.

Saddlebag packed, metcheck checked, waterproofs at the ready.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to ride my new bike for more than about quarter of a mile; I never got around to buying any mudguards, and I'm still not 100% sure of the route, right at the end.

This could be interesting...
There's nothing like being prepared;)
Good luck.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
patheticshark said:
And it begins...

Up at 5.15 tomorrow to leave 6am.

Saddlebag packed, metcheck checked, waterproofs at the ready.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to ride my new bike for more than about quarter of a mile; I never got around to buying any mudguards, and I'm still not 100% sure of the route, right at the end.

This could be interesting...

Don't sweat it, my first time commuting the 20 miles each way, I got lost in both directions and it was on the coldest day recorded in ages. I had no proper cycling gear, a shoot bike and my hands got a numbness that wouldn't go away. I figured it could only get better and I was right:biggrin:

OP
OP
patheticshark

patheticshark

MacB said:
Don't sweat it, my first time commuting the 20 miles each way, I got lost in both directions and it was on the coldest day recorded in ages. I had no proper cycling gear, a shoot bike and my hands got a numbness that wouldn't go away. I figured it could only get better and I was right:biggrin:

Ha! That does make me feel better. (er, in a less mean way than that sounds...) I guess I should see the early commutes as learning experiences.

Feeling surprisingly cheerful for 5.30am, and it's not raining! (yet.) Hurrah!

Thanks everyone... will update later.

trio25

Über Member
Hope it went well. Guessing as its the first day sneaking on the internet to let us know is not the done thing :-)

Top Bottom