40 mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I had a blow out at 60 on the A9.
It wasn't until we stopped at Pitlochry we realised the bang had been the tyre bursting due to the bike being suspended too close to the exhaust pipe.:ohmy::biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
About 75 KPH was my fastest during a downhill section on a Steep hill in the Philippines. I was in a club run so didn't have time to think about it until after it was all over, then it sunk in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
82 kph (51mph) descending Mt Ventoux last year. I returned this year and although I was faster going up (1hr 48min vice 1 hr 56 min), I was slower on the descent and only managed 78kph. Still an incredible feeling - pity you could not bottle and sell that adrenalin rush!

Big Bren

42 is my record so far and it felt great - I still have some difficulty capturing the lack of regard for my own safety that seemed ever present as a youth, but I'm trying my best!

Bren

barq

I don't know my fastest - I'd guess it would have been on a Welsh mountain. But on my normal training rides there is a hill where I easily hit 65kph. It's only noteworthy because the area is used lots by driving instructors so I take mischievous pleasure in overtaking the learners.

Dave G

According to my Garmin Forerunner, 43.3mph is the fastest I've hit - coming down Fish Hill near Broadway in Worcestershire. Damn good fun it was too!

Peter

My computer has recorded 44 mph but I don't remember where that was. Managed 40 mph today on the A25 near Westcott

hubgearfreak said:
46.9mph, on the arran coast road heading south into lochranza:biggrin:

with tent, sleeping bag, trangia etc.

Thats close to where I got my top speed; down the String to Brodick; its a great place Arran :ohmy:

Top Bottom