4000 Views and LOTS Of Anti Cyclist Comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

campbellab

You said the cyclist speeded up? Where did they speed up?

What your basically saying is it's always the cyclists fault when there is a dangerous overtake or left hook etc.. Because they didn't make it easy for the driver to pass them.

No, you are wrongly concluding that rule 168 says that it's the cyclist's fault. I haven't said anything of the sort.

They are speeding up (because they are stopped) from 0:03 onwards, the bus is alongside by about 0:05. The bus continues to speed up, and makes little headway, so cyclists must be accelerating.

In most situations when you are both alongside in two carriageways both parties accelerate together as it's not a standard 'overtake'. But if you know its going into 1 lane you know to get either infront or behind to merge. I wouldn't stay on the inside of a large vehicle for more than a couple of seconds if I could see it merging, even in my own metal box. If I could count to 10 seconds even on the motorway with any vehicle alongside me I would start to feel uncomfortable.

Again bus driver is at fault (I'm pretty sure I made that clear in my first post but I guess people dont comprehend properly). He shouldn't have pulled over, but cyclist could have made it easier for the bus driver to get past who obviously misjudged the speed the cyclists could/would accelerate to. If another large vehicle had come along the bus would either have had to stop dead or pull in - the overtake has taken far too long already.

Top Bottom