4000 Views and LOTS Of Anti Cyclist Comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
168 doesn't apply - they are both just pulling away from the lights. The bus driver is completely at fault for accelerating in what was the offside line, and pulling left to stop at the kerb sideways across another vehicle, the bicycle. The cyclist could have ridden more defensively, but isn't at fault for that.

campbellab

Fundamentally bus driver is at fault I agree, but the highway code still applies! Bus was in an overtaking position, cyclist was being overtaken. They went through two sets of lights before the bus pulled over. Most people would expect to be well past a cyclist by then.

The bus driver shouldn't have gone into that position if he was planning to pull over of course, and shouldn't have squeezed him out instead he should have let the cyclist past.

168 is basically how people should behave on the road, if people are doing something, make it easy for them (maintain speed). If they cock it up, help them out (slow down).

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Fundamentally bus driver is at fault I agree, but the highway code still applies! Bus was in an overtaking position, cyclist was being overtaken. They went through two sets of lights before the bus pulled over. Most people would expect to be well past a cyclist by then.

The bus driver shouldn't have gone into that position if he was planning to pull over of course, and shouldn't have squeezed him out instead he should have let the cyclist past.

168 is basically how people should behave on the road, if people are doing something, make it easy for them (maintain speed). If they cock it up, help them out (slow down).
You said the cyclist speeded up? Where did they speed up?

What your basically saying is it's always the cyclists fault when there is a dangerous overtake or left hook etc.. Because they didn't make it easy for the driver to pass them.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

168 is NOT a rule for allowing overtakes, it is a defensive rule and simply does not apply here (as I said on youtube).

163 and 167 COMPLETLEY override 168 here as:

- the bus is a more dangerous vehicle
- the bus driver is attempting an overtake in the wrong place (through a junction)
- is overtaking at a completely inappropriate place (too near the stop, and as the road narrows)
- is causing conflict with other road users (coming too close to what appears to me to be an inexperienced rider after the way he bailed to the pavement when cut up close)
- the cyclist is NOT speeding up either. *cadence never changes until the late indication and he brakes and swerves)
- the cyclist was first at the lights, the bus driver approaching from behind (so the cyclist has priority)
- the bus driver has to do more than one manouvre to complete his "destination", one at a time is safer.
- the bus driver fails to indicate until he is within 1 foot approx of the kerb and a few feet from the stop (no forewarning)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Your thoughts ?
my thought is that it happened a long time ago, and that I'd have forgotten all about it by now. shoot happens. Nobody got hurt. Think of all the reasons why you ride a bike and revel in the positives.

Agreed, we didnt speed up

Why does the title say the bus is "...upset at cyclists speed" ?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
We all know bus drivers are W*****S, just got to keep out the way, my commute home from work every evening i have to ride in the centre of the lane to stop the buses trying to put me up the pavement, it does annoy them so it ain't all bad. lol

Comments like this don't help at all. If you can generalise why can't a driver?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
That Damien guy is such an idiot IMO. He claims to work in law, LOL!

TBH when I chatted to him on there he was polite, though we disagreed. The others however were abusive (and why I'd delete those kinds of comment from any of my videos as I said earlier). Though it was funny when he was trying to justify the drivers actions by saying the cyclist wasnt obeying "the rules of the road."

The cyclist had every reason to assume the driver was going to just pass by rather than pull in (due to the late signal)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
my thought is that it happened a long time ago, and that I'd have forgotten all about it by now. shoot happens. Nobody got hurt. Think of all the reasons why you ride a bike and revel in the positives.

the emails about more and more comments each day mean I cant forget :biggrin:

I have no issues, it happen, not to me as I backed out, but I wanted to get other thoughts on it

BSRU

A Human Being
the emails about more and more comments each day mean I cant forget :biggrin:

I have no issues, it happen, not to me as I backed out, but I wanted to get other thoughts on it

I've recently started to change options on older video's.

For video's not directly involving me which are a month or so old I change them to private.

For everything else, once they are three months old or so I disable comments, as after 3 months the only people who comment are generally trolls or drunks or both.

Top Bottom