4000 Views and LOTS Of Anti Cyclist Comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I would say it was the fault of the one who arrived at the lights last (which unfortunately we can't see). I agree with Paul that the cyclist should have realised that he was not going to win that "race" and should have backed off earlier so he didn't have to hop on the pavement.

BSRU

A Human Being
Use "Insight" on the video and then "discovery", it may indicate an external website/forum where your video is being bitched about.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The insight doesn't show any websites linking to it directly, but they could link to it with a nofollow and it wouldn't show up.
you got about 1,000 views due to a video of an angry bus driver which is popular and this video appears as similar and people click through.

if you a worried about the comments either delete them and block the person that posted it or set the comments on the video to be approved by you or disable comments. Unfortunately this is something you have to put up with if you post videos online, i can sometimes get 100's of these comments a day.

pshore

He probably did think he could pass you easily but then it turned into the classic merge situation, which can turn into a game of chicken.

With two cars the cheapest generally wins. If on a motorbike you either get there first or drop back because any collision will end to with you on the floor. The bus driver was using his size to win and was predictable if you knew the road was going thin.

But ! A bus driver is supposed to be a professional driver and has members of the public on board. Safety of all persons in and around this potentially dangerous vehicle should come first. You would think they would receive regular training to avoid these situations but I see too many bus drivers getting enraged to believe that.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
on one of my videos

Are we really so much in the wrong here ?

It was 12 months ago , but I get comments (Anti cyclist) every few days

http://www.youtube.c...A&feature=inbox

Your thoughts ?

Dont give them a soap box to spout their s***. Delete the comments, if they come back block them.

If you were Jewish, would you invite a Nazi into your house to look at your family photos, and then sit there whilst he rants antisemitic abuse at you? [/invoking Godwin's Law]

on the road

Über Member
The cyclist didn't help himself by filtering up besides the bus, notice that another cyclist was in the primary position at the lights and got away safely. If he got there before the bus then he should have taken the primary position at the lights and stuck to the primary postition going past the island, or he should have let the bus go and then got in behind the bus.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The cyclist didn't help himself by filtering up besides the bus, notice that another cyclist was in the primary position at the lights and got away safely. If he got there before the bus then he should have taken the primary position at the lights and stuck to the primary postition going past the island, or he should have let the bus go and then got in behind the bus.

Primary would have made little difference. It's two lanes into one. The bus driver bullied his way through and then stopped at a bus stop, that is poor driving!
The cyclist could have read it better to avoid going onto the pavement.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
But look where the other cyclist is with the backpack or whatever it is, that's a much better position to be in IMO.

Position was irrelevant, they went through two sets of junctions and that driver was determined to get past despite the speed and the proximity to the stop.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would say the bus was in the wrong but the cyclist should have read the situation a bit better and hung back to stop the squeeze from turning into a potential squish.

You can still be right and safe but being right and squished is not a good choice.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The insight doesn't show any websites linking to it directly, but they could link to it with a nofollow and it wouldn't show up.
you got about 1,000 views due to a video of an angry bus driver which is popular and this video appears as similar and people click through.

if you a worried about the comments either delete them and block the person that posted it or set the comments on the video to be approved by you or disable comments. Unfortunately this is something you have to put up with if you post videos online, i can sometimes get 100's of these comments a day.

Don't get me wrong Gaz, I'm far from worried, least because ( mainly thanks to your comments) my riding style has changed so much since then.

But with so many comments ( it's my most " popular " video fir comments ) I just wanted another set of people's thoughts, people who are not anti-cycling , so here I am, truth be told, I find the idiots quite funny :-)

Gaz

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I cant remember how but I found out one of my videos was hosted by a Polish web site, they never asked but hey ho :-)

All I can find with that is what YouTube vids it's linked to, my initial thoughts was that someone on a " bus drivers forum" had posted a link in an anti-cycling post

But I can't find any evidence of that , sadly

Top Bottom