5:2 ... Anyone done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Ok, need to shed some weight so that I can get up the hills quicker...

So started 5:2 today.. I've had about 250 calories today so far and am going to have a smoothie for tea..

I was doing well until I came home and had to watch the kids devour pork and pasta :sad:

So has anyone done it? Did it work?
I'm just under 15st at the moment first target is 13.5st

PK99

Legendary Member

So started 5:2 today.. I've had about 250 calories today so far and am going to have a smoothie for tea..

I was doing well until I came home and had to watch the kids devour pork and pasta :sad:

Yes it works and there is along thread about it somewhere but I can't recall the title.

For me, and egg and bacon breakfast (200 calories), banana and apple for 200 calorie lunch and a piece of fish or chicken with a mountain of roasted veg, again 200 calories.

Don't be over precious about counting calories, the essence is that over the 2 diet days you have a calorie deficit of 4-4500 calories. An extra 100calories here or there is neither here nor there!

On non diet days, do not reward yourself, just stick to your normal diet (assuming that on that diet your weight was stable, not rising)

Most seem to find riding on a diet day is fine (pack a gel or two on every ride just in case) But avoid a hard ride the day after a diet day as carbohydrate stocks are low.

I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe! .... And have brought back into use clothes long since consigned to the "must have shrunk" drawer.

U

User19783

I been following this diet for 9 months now, and I look forward to having a diet day, I only have oats and protein drink for breakfast and soup and bread for tea,
drink plenty of water, I can do and feel ok doing a 45 mile ride on a diet day, so yes stick with it, be strong and keep busy on a diet day, and enjoy,
best of luck

screenman

Legendary Member
I may go over to it in March when I hit my target weight, the one I am on at the moment suits me now though, over 4 stone gone now.

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
I been following this diet for 9 months now, and I look forward to having a diet day, I only have oats and protein drink for breakfast and soup and bread for tea,
drink plenty of water, I can do and feel ok doing a 45 mile ride on a diet day, so yes stick with it, be strong and keep busy on a diet day, and enjoy,
best of luck

Has it worked though :smile:

U

User19783

Has it worked though :smile:

losing weight is just the by-product, but it works, you also have to think of the whole picture, and you still need a positive mind.
just don't worry about losing the weight to much, it will happen,

ColinJ link above is very good, and the achievement Coin has made is awesome.

david k

Hi

me too :smile: I started today, had 400 cals so far

Im 18 stone and want to get down to around 15 and a half

david k

Hi
. And have brought back into use clothes long since consigned to the "must have shrunk" drawer.

I have one of those :eek:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
And don't forget to exercise.

image.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm old fashioned. When I recently wanted to drop 10lbs I ate smaller portions and religiously avoided soft drinks. 5 weeks, job done. If you've got an iron will it can be done without any tricks or trendy fasting routines.

Ganymede

Veteran
There's plenty on Colin's thread but in my experience it's better to eat less at lunch and more at night. Otherwise you get hungry at 11pm. Heaps and heaps of veg with your dinner is the key.

The great thing is the fact that you do not diet on 5 days. It helps the will power. You are not thinking "oh no I cannot ever eat a piece of cake again... oh god I give up". You think: it's ok, I can eat normally tomorrow".

david k

Hi
At that weight, work out your basal metabolic rate and work on 25% of that, don't just plump for 600
im 6 foot 2 with an underactive thyroid, so up against it lol. People say i look skinny at 15 stone so dont think 18 is as big as it sounds, but yeh a good 2 1/2 stone more than i want, losing weight will help my cycling no end
I work away different days of the week, lots of free luches, would be greta to have a good regular diet but always struggled, i eat at different times every day according to what work im doing, so this diet seemed achievable hence giving it a go. if im away i can easy grab a yoghurt for breakfast and lunch and have a small evening meal

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
It's kinda how I live, but that's because I'm not much of an eater. I ride the bike 5 days a week though so I have to force-feed myself to avoid weight loss, but I've still lost around half a stone in 5 months. The weekend is my haven from food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom