5 Live strike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He's standing in for Danny Baker who is ill.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I think Suggs is standing in for Danny Baker at the moment while Danny is undergoing treatment for cancer (get well soon Danny). I don't think this has anything to do with the strike.

I did jump out of bed yesterday when I heard "In our time" on radio 4 where the today show should be, I thought I was late for work
blush.gif

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Up All Night on 5live was replaced by an archive footie interviews show hosted by the priceless Stuart Hall. Shanks, Clough, Revie & a very young Alex Ferguson; how different would footie history have been if he's not been pipped for the Arsenal job by George Graham?. Hall apparently got told off by Mrs Revie for repeating the old joke about Garry Sprake buttering his gloves along with his toast - I'd forgotten that one!!

The there was on manager (Mick McCarthy?) who couldn't, or claimed not to, understand Hall's Shakesperian allusions.

But the gem was with one of the survivors of the Munich disaster. I guess he was a product of an age when we people elived cheek by jowl with sudden death either in the war or industry but the account was just so matter of fact. Described the impact and his own actions, heroic in anybody's terms returning to the wreck to aid survivors and how the obviously deceased victims had not a mark on them. Very moving stuff

Hopefully it can be found on listen again.

Top Bottom