50 Mile Route in Worcester area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm planning to meet my brother half way between his house and mine (Gloucester and Warwick) for a ride on a Sunday in a few weeks time. The mid point is roughly Worcester. We're looking to do a 50 miler - anyone got any good routes to suggest?

Cheers

Martin

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A circular one?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Not sure about Worcester, but up the road is Redditch which is full of quiet country lanes. You could easily make a nice loop up taking in Droitich, Hanbury, Alcester, maybe as far over as Henley in Arden and back to Redditch. There are some biggish climbs if you like your hills.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Brilliant - now I have 2 choices.

A friend also suggested zig zags with identical initiating and terminating co-ordinates, so that's 3.

Hont

Guru
Head out towards Crowle and there are loads of quiet country roads in that direction, through North Piddle (optional detour to Piddle Lake, just to see for your own eyes that there really is such a place) Bishampton, Stock and Bradley etc. See image - all quiet roads, some steep but fairly short hills in the Lenches. Loads of country pubs to stop at. Some iffy road surfaces and you'll be held up by some horses at least once but very few cars for most of it.

route.jpg

AlanW

Guru
Try here

Simple type in Redditch or Worcester, or even Droitwich, then work the route to suit you. :thumbsup:

Debian

Hont said:
Head out towards Crowle and there are loads of quiet country roads in that direction, through North Piddle (optional detour to Piddle Lake, just to see for your own eyes that there really is such a place) Bishampton, Stock and Bradley etc. See image - all quiet roads, some steep but fairly short hills in the Lenches. Loads of country pubs to stop at. Some iffy road surfaces and you'll be held up by some horses at least once but very few cars for most of it.

route.jpg

+1

This is my local area and I regularly do parts of that, usually combined with off-road bits - there are so many really nice bridleways and bits of woodland.

AlanW

Guru
Debian said:
+1

This is my local area and I regularly do parts of that, usually combined with off-road bits - there are so many really nice bridleways and bits of woodland.

Where about's are u then?

We regularly ride these lanes as well. In fact every Saturday starting from The Bramley Cottage in Elcocks Brock, Redditch at 9 am.

Down Flying Horse Lane, Bradley Green, Priest Bridge, Earls Common, Dormston, Kington, Bishampton, Throckmorton, Tilesford, then back towards Upton Snodsbury, Grafton Flyford and retrace back to Stock Green, Lower Bentley and home.

45 miles near enough and anyone is more than welcome to join us.

We normally have about 8 in the group but it can swell to over a dozen. I would class the pace as brisk, but not fast, well maybe in places. :thumbsup:

Debian

AlanW said:
Where about's are u then?

We regularly ride these lanes as well. In fact every Saturday starting from The Bramley Cottage in Elcocks Brock, Redditch at 9 am.

Down Flying Horse Lane, Bradley Green, Priest Bridge, Earls Common, Dormston, Kington, Bishampton, Throckmorton, Tilesford, then back towards Upton Snodsbury, Grafton Flyford and retrace back to Stock Green, Lower Bentley and home.

45 miles near enough and anyone is more than welcome to join us.

We normally have about 8 in the group but it can swell to over a dozen. I would class the pace as brisk, but not fast, well maybe in places. :angry:

I live in Worcester and often choose to ride in that direction. Sundays usually and I do mainly XC rides on the many bridleways in the area. Saturdays is out of the question for me as I have cricket on summer Saturdays.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

Hont, I like the look of that route - may well have a bash. Looks like 18 July now.

Martin

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
Why don't you do it tomorrow K.O. 05:00 and report back to the 'advisors'?
Go for it Norry! :smile:

Ah, just got up. If only I'd seen your post earlier I'd have done that :biggrin:

Martin

Top Bottom