50 years ago today. Can you remember it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear that.

It is one thing if it is older people, but when young people and adults can't remember things, then I find that rather frightning!

I know some people like that you see.

I like the explanation that if you can't remember where you put the car keys then that is just old age.

If you can't remember what the car keys are for - that is when you need to seek help and advice

AndyRM

XOXO
It is called a "generalisation"......

There are also linesmen, referee etc

(No substitutes though)

It is called a "joke".

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Vietnam War:
main_1200.jpg

Racial Segregation

main_1200.jpg

There were a lot more important things going on than a couple of dozen men kicking a ball around

Just like in the world today but here you are wittering on a bicycle chat forum.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Cycle chat forum, it is inclusive
*Confused face smiley* What has that go to do with anything? Football is inclusive.

You make the point in the face of heavy political issues of 50 years ago football is a triviality - spot on but no less so than cycle chat is in the face of ISIL etc now, yet here you are.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Bicycle chat forum excludes these
Except that ..... I can only see "cycle chat" in the forum name, and below it "a fun and friendly cycling community". That's why I see no harm in introducing the odd motorcycling related thread into the mix. As long as it's in the café, no-one seems to mind.

Except that ..... I can only see "cycle chat" in the forum name, and below it "a fun and friendly cycling community". That's why I see no harm in introducing the odd motorcycling related thread into the mix. As long as it's in the café, no-one seems to mind.

Unequivocally the case, now read the post I replied to, the one that restricted it:

Just like in the world today but here you are wittering on a bicycle chat forum.

(My emphasis)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
(My emphasis)

Yeah yeah yeah, complain to Shaun and demand all the non cycling threads and posters are removed, lets have a bet on the reply.

There are areas created where other topics are welcome, this being one of them and you are clearly being deliberately obtuse in trying to move the focus off the fact you try to trivialise talking about football vs world events but still rregularly appear yourself on a WHATEVER, IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER COMPARED TO THE REAL ISSUES GOING ON IN THE WORLD (my emphasis) Internet forum and you not always talking about CYCLING

I return to the point you refuse to acknowledge and are trying to fudge: the football match in 1966, cyclechat, Ride London today etc is all trivial against the sort of issues that you picked to highlight initially and translate today into the Middle East crisis, Brexit, the prspect of President Trump or whatever floats your particular boat.

Yeah yeah yeah, complain to Shaun and demand all the non cycling threads and posters are removed, lets have a bet on the reply.

There are areas created where other topics are welcome, this being one of them and you are clearly being deliberately obtuse in trying to move the focus off the fact you try to trivialise talking about football vs world events but still rregularly appear yourself on a WHATEVER, IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER COMPARED TO THE REAL ISSUES GOING ON IN THE WORLD (my emphasis) Internet forum and you not always talking about CYCLING

I return to the point you refuse to acknowledge and are trying to fudge: the football match in 1966, cyclechat, Ride London today etc is all trivial against the sort of issues that you picked to highlight initially and translate today into the Middle East crisis, Brexit, the prspect of President Trump or whatever floats your particular boat.

Thank you for reiterating my original point, that there are greater and more important events, how emphasising this clearly is refusing to acknowledge the facts requires a little explaining

Why should I contact Shaun?
You stated bicycle, I stated that that term was not inclusive. Shaun uses Cycle which is inclusive

The OP asked for memories of 50 years ago today, I posted mine, if they are inconvenient for you then that is your problem

Top Bottom