50 years ago today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
First time I saw a colour telly was in a hotel in Crieff,not where we were staying though so only watched it for about 5 minutes, we were on family holiday (1970 maybe) when I was around 8. The news was on and there was a bridge on fire somewhere which looked amazing in colour, which is why I remember it.
We got our first colour telly at Christmas in 1975, it was a massive 26" beast with doors to cover the screen when it wasn't being watched.
We went on holiday to Weston -Super -Mare in 1971. The hotel was quite posh with silver service waiters and it had its own tv/cinema room. Me and my brother must've spent more time in that darkened room than out on the prom or the beach. The novelty of cinema style seats and video sound was the attraction. The tv seemed huge,and the colour was turned up to the maximum for that orange face affect.:sun:

classic33

Leg End Member
We had a vcr at secondary school in the mid 70's. The teacher would wheel the heavy thing out on a table with castor wheels,for our science lesson. He kept telling us to be very careful around it as it cost a fortune out of the school's budget. The videos seemed huge,probably about the size of a big book. This is the program we saw most on that vcr.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKQJXhTUC0

VHS2000?

Still got at least one VHS2000 camcorder that works.

We had a vcr at secondary school in the mid 70's. The teacher would wheel the heavy thing out on a table with castor wheels,for our science lesson. He kept telling us to be very careful around it as it cost a fortune out of the school's budget. The videos seemed huge,probably about the size of a big book. This is the program we saw most on that vcr.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKQJXhTUC0

Same here with the VCR 1976 last year at primary school when i first saw one. Colour telly at home rented in mid 70 s . 50p in slot meter

Was that "your money box"?
David Dickinson makes TOWIE look almost "male, stale and pasty"

xfs_500x400_s80_David-Dickinson-6292244.jpg

Top Bottom