50 years ago today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Accy was an avid fan of Love Thy Neighbour.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think it was 1956 before we had a telly........and many years later I haven't got one now
You had a telly in 1956?! You must've been wealthy.:smile:

Brains

Legendary Member
I remember seeing my first program on a colour TV, 1968 and it was a cricket match and the grass was GREEN!!!
It looked so weird at the time.

I don't think we had colour until the mid 1970's and even then a lot of the programs were still in B&W.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
You had a telly in 1956?! You must've been wealthy.:smile:
If I remember correctly it was like this, didn't have a colour one untill 1972 / 1973

telly.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I remember '76 or '77, my Mum finally acquired a colour TV, only for the BBC to go on strike and leave is with just a single ITV channel for a few months. Then they did it again. Then ITV went on strike. By the time there was anything decent to watch the telly was knackered.

classic33

Leg End Member
I remember '76 or '77, my Mum finally acquired a colour TV, only for the BBC to go on strike and leave is with just a single ITV channel for a few months. Then they did it again. Then ITV went on strike. By the time there was anything decent to watch the telly was knackered.
And very little "daytime TV" then either. If they were to repeat it for a week, how would some folk manage?

Top Bottom