500 to go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
For all of you who want peace from me for a while, I am trying to get to 10,000 posts before I go into hospital in the new year.

This is, (according to my info bit at the top of the page) my 9500th post, so I'll be trying to fit in another 500 posts of my usual mindless waffling before some time in January.
You can speed up my quest here by generally humouring me, etc ('Likes' are always greatly appreciated too by the way) and getting me to reply to things! :laugh:

Anyway, do you have any targets you are trying to reach? What are they, and why?

Thanks.

Just two more 'likes' takes me to 300...
:shy:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I've given you a like because I do like to see your somewhat random and amusing contributions. I hope that whatever the hospital visit is for goes well and you can return to the fold quickly. Many hospitals have internet connections at the bedside nowadays ( though you might need a 2nd mortgage if they're operated by Patienline) so if you have one eye and one finger still in use you can keep in touch

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I've given you a like because I do like to see your somewhat random and amusing contributions.

Thanks!

Edit: Big morose bit cut.

I hope that whatever the hospital visit is for goes well and you can return to the fold quickly. Many hospitals have internet connections at the bedside nowadays ( though you might need a 2nd mortgage if they're operated by Patienline) so if you have one eye and one finger still in use you can keep in touch

The last time I was in the ward in question, they had big signs up saying 'No WiFi' and all that, so I'm not sure (it is also next door to the.... whats it called? The ward that is one level down from Intensive care. I was drugged up to the eye balls at the time so can't quite remember).

Besides, I want to get off this forum and actually back on my bike before I go in

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Have one from me :smile: This has got me thinking, though. Perhaps unlikeable posters could start their own thread where they can post alternately indefinitely while liking the previous post each time.

The obvious danger is that complete ***** could become the most liked people on the forum and go on to found some crazed totalitarian state, claiming moral authority from Cyclechat.

P.S. Good luck with the hospital stay, btw

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The last time I was in the ward in question, they had big signs up saying 'No WiFi' and all that
I had the same experience. The hospital had wi-fi, but I as a mere patient wasn't allowed access. No-one would explain why, that's just the way it was.

Maybe there is a valid reason, but it struck me as a classic example of British bureaucratic small-mindedness. I would've thought in these days of virtually unlimited broadband, with things like BT infinity, offering wi-fi to your 'customers' (as they like to call us nowadays) and the poor sods who have to wait around for hours on their account, would be a no-brainer. I'm sure if challenged they'd come up with some twatty nonsense about data protection or something...and when you queried how the mighty minds at the NHS can't grapple with something that Costa, the London tube network and every arse-end pub and cafe in London seems to be able to handle, they'd give you that famous pursed-lip 'just ate a lemon' look and say "that's the hospital's policy".

Top Bottom