500 to go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Isn't it about quality? Not quantity?

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Are you new to this forum?

Yes it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't welcomed anyone in ages. I actually was going to get in 100 posts, just see if anyone would notice the slight difference in my post amount, but at 9580 posts, I suddenly thought that it was just obscene, and so brought it down to a nice stable 9559. :laugh:

mad dog you need to start doing some really pointless threads with controversial comments , you will get loads of replies tha toyu can reply to and a few likes along the way , seems to work for me every so often

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

Isn't it about quality? Not quantity?

Umm....... no! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the likes by the way!!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
You didn't see the previous thread then? In his own words:
You do have a great way with words MDB.^_^ :thumbsup:

No I had not read that bit!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Thanks!

Edit: Big morose bit cut.

The last time I was in the ward in question, they had big signs up saying 'No WiFi' and all that, so I'm not sure (it is also next door to the.... whats it called? The ward that is one level down from Intensive care. I was drugged up to the eye balls at the time so can't quite remember).

Besides, I want to get off this forum and actually back on my bike before I go in

It wasn't a big morose bit.......you haven't read my morose bits - but boy do I do morose well! (if I say so myself)
Also it wasn't very big.......

No you won't find WiFi facilities - but the TV systems above patient's beds often offer Internet services.

There has been a relaxing of attitudes towards mobile phones as well - because despite anxieties about the signals interfering with medical equipment (and they can in certain circumstances) it was felt that a blanket ban was unduly restrictive The Medicines and Healthcare products Usery Agency (MHRA) issued guidance advising hospitals to discontinue blanket bans a number of years ago. Now the main concern around mobile phones is that they could be used to photograph or record things.

So still no excuse to abandon us all!

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
There has been a relaxing of attitudes towards mobile phones as well - because despite anxieties about the signals interfering with medical equipment (and they can in certain circumstances) it was felt that a blanket ban was unduly restrictive The Medicines and Healthcare products Usery Agency (MHRA) issued guidance advising hospitals to discontinue blanket bans a number of years ago.

If mobile phones interfere with medical equipment then why do doctors and other staff wander about with them all the time? The only way I can get a hold of my boss when not in the office is by phoning him directly because the nurses are useless and never pass on messages. I plug everything and anything in at work and once took GHDs up to straighten my mum's hair when she was admitted with asthma although I did have to double check that I wasn't unplugging her nebuliser :whistle:

Top Bottom