531 Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
@GuyBoden @Jameshow

You were right, the bike is in fact 61cm c-c or more precisely 61.5 cm

Anyway, here are some pics. I've just had a test ride (10 miles) and I'm pretty pleased with it. No regrets with the sub compact chainset and I'm in love with the 105 shifters, my last road bike had Sram, which felt positively clunky by comparison. I have listed the bike on eBay but I'm about the pull the listing. I would like to get this bike onto some nice tarmac one day before selling, maybe a ferry trip to France.

IMG_20230814_164829.jpg

IMG_20230814_164856.jpg

IMG_20230814_164846.jpg

I'm OK with the large frame, it feels stable and smooth on descents. Brakes need a little adjustment and there's some rattle in a few of the gears, not sure if the b limit screw needs tweeking or the lower jockey wheel is misaligned but there were no other issues.

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
So, the last issues are resolved and the bike is running like a dream. Weight is 10.6kg

Punkawallah

Über Member
I’ve used downtube shifter band plus brake calliper cable stops before?

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
I’ve used downtube shifter band plus brake calliper cable stops before?

Ah, good effort!

You know what was really annoying about this?

I sourced and ordered a lovely vintage Shimano clamp on double cable stop for £23!!! It arrived and I promptly lost it!

I hesitated to buy another one, in the hope that it would turn up. Eventually I had to fork out another £9.99 for a replacement.

Anyway, I now have 3 beautifully functional bikes and no good reason to build any more!

Last edited:
Top Bottom