531 Mixte information required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TenaciousDH

TenaciousDH

Regarding size, I'm 5'5" with a 30" inside leg. My MTB is a small frame (16" seat tube). As the older mixte frames are a very different beast, what sizes should I be looking out for?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Regarding size, I'm 5'5" with a 30" inside leg. My MTB is a small frame (16" seat tube). As the older mixte frames are a very different beast, what sizes should I be looking out for?

I think you should be looking at an 18 or 19 inch frame

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A niceish looking small one here on FB Muppetplace for £200 in Kidlington (central-ish Oxfordshire).

It's been on there for ages so might be haggle-worthy. Probably also worth asking why the panier is held on with P-clips..

278852789_5147490531963408_139879494029736568_n.jpg

Paulus

There is a 19 inch Coventry Eagle, 453 frame, 700c wheels on Ebay, pretty good condition, starting at £55 near to Preston. I'm having trouble posting a link, but search Mixte and it comes up

OP
OP
TenaciousDH

TenaciousDH

Go and sit on a few is best bet
Very good advice that I usually give to people but fail to follow myself...

A niceish looking small one here on FB Muppetplace for £200 in Kidlington (central-ish Oxfordshire).

It's been on there for ages so might be haggle-worthy. Probably also worth asking why the panier is held on with P-clips..

View attachment 657581

A good find, would probably fit and Kidlington is probably about as far as I'd travel to pick up a bike. Expensive though, even post possible haggle. Are the p clips the things on the seat stays? Is that just because the pannier rack is non standard for the bike or was it the only way to attach it I wonder.

Paulus

The Galaxy should have the relevant bosses for mudguards and a rack. Its possibly a bit of a bodge.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll bet you could haggle it down to 150. Sell the Brooks, replace with a cheaper saddle and it would have effectively cost you under £100. Won't pay for your petrol though but still a good buy.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A good find, would probably fit and Kidlington is probably about as far as I'd travel to pick up a bike. Expensive though, even post possible haggle. Are the p clips the things on the seat stays? Is that just because the pannier rack is non standard for the bike or was it the only way to attach it I wonder.

I'd agree that it's a bit steep, however it's very much a buyer's market, it's a niche product that's been there for ages and as mentioned the saddle has to be worth maybe £40-70 on the used market.

Yes, the P-clips are what's holding the rack to the seatstays - being a Galaxy one would expect it to have all the appropriate mounting points for a rack.. so it could be a compatability issue or indicative of something more serious like damaged bosses.

Top Bottom