56cm project wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheD245

Morning all,

After reading a good chunk of the posts on here, I’m sure sure some of you have got frames upon frames sat in the loft and shed, and despairing wives.

I was wondering if you’d like to sell me a frame?

I’m looking for something to strip, repaint and rebuild. In an ideal world, 57cm seat tube and a 56cm top tube, with Columbus SL or SLX.

please let me know what you’ve got if you’re willing to part with any frames, and a price.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Cycleops

Legendary Member
SLX was a top grade of tubing so won't be cheap even if the owner has it cluttering up the place with a threat of imminent divorcé hanging over him 😄 plus there are not so many around. Why don't you open it up to include Reynolds 531, 501, 753 etc which might yield more offers?

Welcome to the forum :smile:

OP
OP
T

TheD245

Thanks for the welcome.

I previously, albeit briefly, owned a Columbus SL Fondriest, and an SLX Merckx. These were sold for various reasons, and now i just have an itch which i need to scratch. I've got budget, so that's not an issue. I just saw a Merckx Panasonic sell for £360 on the bay which was beautiful, but 2cm too big.

It's the same reason that people by Alfa Romeos instead of Audis.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I used to have a Colnago in Aele which I sold to biggsy some while ago, think it was 56 too. Here's a pic just to tease you:

OP
OP
T

TheD245

^_^ You’re the worst kind of person haha. That would make a great project.

is this sat gathering any dust, Biggs?

OP
OP
T

TheD245

I paid £100 for that Merckx Corsa Extra in 2003 and sold it a few years later for £250. I thought I’d fleeced the guy and now I’d love to have the frame back.

funnt how things change in value over the years.

Cambram

Hi Biggs 682. What make is the blue and white frame in your post? Apart from the front forks it looks a lot like the "Fake Colnago" that I refurbed at the beginning of the year.

Top Bottom