56cm project wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

TheD245

Cheers Biggs.

need to find literally everything for it, inlding one of those screws for the dropouts which looks like a pig of a thing to look for.

I have a 531 steel frame set I bought secondhand 15 years ago and until two weeks ago has been regularly used as just about everything from single speed to turbo bike, when I bought it the previous owner had done a terrible hand painted job, I stripped it then had it painted, I also changed out the forks for carbon wrapped then fitted a 10 speed groupset anyway I’ve just retired this bike thus its time to move it on.

it has a little dent on the top tube which I could have had fixed but chose not to as it’s small and adds character imo.

Funnily enough I was about to offer you an Aquila, but you have found a nicer one:okay:

If you are interested I have some C-record components with Concorde pantographs I am letting go, bit they are a bit spendy.

OP
OP
T

TheD245

If you are interested I have some C-record components with Concorde pantographs I am letting go, bit they are a bit spendy.

Thanks for the offer, but to what I imagine will be much chagrin from this forum, I’ll be fitting 105/Ultegra parts. My parts bin is sponsored by Mother Hubbard.

will this bike take the Italian threaded Hollowtech bracket from Shimano, to the best of your knowledge?

Thanks for the offer, but to what I imagine will be much chagrin from this forum, I’ll be fitting 105/Ultegra parts. My parts bin is sponsored by Mother Hubbard.

will this bike take the Italian threaded Hollowtech bracket from Shimano, to the best of your knowledge?

It should do, i think they are all Italian. Mine certainly is

OP
OP
T

TheD245

Seeing as it looks like it has a race plate mount how about some tub rims ??
Got a few sets i can do a deal on

I do need some new rims, but i'll probably pick up some cheap MAVIC ones from eBay. I've never ran tubs, and i don't think they'd be ideal on what will be a commuter bike.

EDIT: I should also had that the NDS dropout screw has sheared off Its now bathis in WD40, but it seems pretty reluctant to move. I'll need to ask one of the LBS's how much it costs to drill and tap, otherwise it'll be a dropout replacement by Bob Jackson or similar.

Bit of a pain in the arse, but as long as i do up the QR skewers tight enough, it'll still be rideable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheD245

Being impatient as I am, and with a new drill from Christmas, I thought I’d have a go myself.

not too shabby I don’t think. Got an M3 tap on order so I’ll see if I can re-tap it tomorrow. :okay:

DDC93C20-56A5-43D1-A46F-81C06853A765.jpeg

D13F3895-436C-416A-9664-9B3561C8A6E5.jpeg
BB2DBE5C-341F-490C-ABEB-F209889D6DEB.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TheD245

M3 Tap arrived yesterday so I set to work with a 2.5m drill bit to widen the hole, and some olive oil as I was all out of machine oil.

Tapped nice and slowly, and new dropout screws fitted.
1ED94A79-65A0-4FCC-8B81-ED0FC3B6FF03.jpeg

I do have another question, though. What do I need to seat the cable housing to this chan stay bracket?
6A47D27F-44DC-460A-83EA-534FA36758E1.jpeg

All of the ferrules which came with the jag wire kit are too large. Is there something specific I should be searching for?

EDIT: Stepped ferrule. I need a stepped ferrule, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom