56cm Roadbike in hatchback,which ones can take it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Will be getting a new car in the next few weeks ,

In my old Astra I can get the bike in the back seats folded and just the front wheel removed. Dont want a big car ,can anyone comment on the current breed of hatchbacks such as Focus Astra etc. Can any of the smaller ones such as a Toyota Yaris take a bike?

I know you can put them on racks etc but prefer the bike inside if pos.

Cyclist33

Mate's got a Yaris and took his mtb to Coed Llantegla Forest trail centre in the back.

All modern bikes have quick release wheels and lots have quick release seating so I very much doubt you'd have a problem in any hatchback.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for the quick reply.Did he have to remove both wheels or just the front in the yaris? As you say its not that much of a hardship really just I am spoilt now by the Astra.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have a Focus, yes i can get two bikes in the back if i remove the front wheels, the front wheels on the bikes not on the car,
i have to fold the rear seats down. but there is plenty of room in a focus.

wmtlynx

With a bit of Krypton Factor jiggery-pokery, a full size bike will fit in the old shape (2004-2011ish) Fiat Panda with the back seats folded. I'd say it would easily fit, without jiggery-pokery, in the new shape one, as it has a bigger boot. Great little car that can do a lot more than you think (apart from overtake).

Schooner

Echo the panda post. Not too much jiggery pokery required and it keeps my 6'2 fame comfy in the front

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
The golfs' had two 18" MTBs in the back no probs.

My old Mazda 3 took any one of my bikes, without removing a wheel, with back seats folded. Skoda Octavia is also the same.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've got a Yaris - would certianly take a bike front wheel off. TBH you are better just removing both wheels - this makes getting the bike in and out easy as it weighs much less

Top Bottom