56cm Roadbike in hatchback,which ones can take it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
60cm VN Yukon is just possible with just the front wheel off in a Citroen C1. Rear seats folded down of course, and the front passenger seat unuseable. But no real problems if it's just you going to an event. The latest generation are under the 100g/km CO2 limit so £0 tax disc too !

theFire

Veteran
Use to put my 56cm Allez in the back of our 06 Fiesta with the seats down and just the front wheel off.

But then we had a baby and the bike got demoted to the roof!

ACS

Legendary Member
Ford Focus (2007) with the rear seats folded down I can take 2 road bikes (58cm) with the front wheels off. I understand that the latest version of the Focus has 50 lts less boot space so it may be a bit of a squeeze.

Steve Saunders

Fitted a 59cm road bike in the back of my Focus ST no problem with both wheels still on, just had to turn the front wheel a bit. Would have fitted no problem if I'd removed the front wheel, but I was being lazy.

With the front wheels removed, and suitable towels etc. to protect frames and mechs you'd probably be able to fit 3 road bikes in the back of a focus.

doug

Veteran
Honda Jazz, so many ways to fit bike in, it is huge inside with the rear seats folded, more space than many SUVs or MPVs I have rented abroad !
I have managed to get 3 bikes, luggage, 2 passengers (+me the driver) in mine.
If I am taking just one bike there is no need to remove the wheels (could take 2 that way if you put some padding between them).
I generally take the front wheels off and put our bikes in standing up, leaving plenty of luggage space.
Can also fold the rear seats up and fit two bikes in across behind the front seats.

on the road

Über Member
I have a Rover hatchback and although it's a bit bigger than an Astra I can fit my road bike in it as one complete bike, that is leaving the wheels on the bike.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A Yaris? Wouldn't you be better fitting the car on the back of the bike? :tongue:

(i40 Estate here, I get a disability scooter, a wheelchair and me bike in the back)

My 58cm road bike (with aero bars) fits in our Kia Picanto, a Mini Convertible (with the roof down). I think there aren't many cars you can't fit one in.

Top Bottom