6.3 miles in 23 mins??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It depends on the route, if it's hilly or there are many traffic lights or heavy fraffic etc. However it seems a reasonable average so keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iZaP

Über Member
Its definitely good. I did yesterday 6 miles in around 22mins, and the route wasn't hilly at all. Few traffic lights tho:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
What's the rush?

LOL, I was going to say something similar. But it's probably envy, as I'm not that fast...

To me, it's good if you get there in one piece, and feel ok.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It's a respectable time considering the hills.

But don't get hung up on speed when commuting. When you start focussing on speed in the rush hour, you end up losing concentration with your road safety. Better to be a minute or two slower and a lot safer.

- Baz -

My outward morning commute is just a bit longer (6.7 miles plus a few back streets). Takes me about 25 mins average, not rushing, slightly downhill overall, main road route with lots of traffic lights.

And no RLJ'ing...

Homeward, same route in reverse so slightly uphill, about 35 mins average (occasionally quicker depending on the lights).

tmcd35

I'm currently commuting 15mi in 1.5hrs, so thats 5miles in 30min. I'd say 6mi in 25min is fantastic! As others have said, what's the rush? It's only a day at work waiting for you at the end of the ride.

Norm

You average about 16.5mph, which is pretty good if there are three big hills.

My current route is pretty flat, a fairly steady climb of about 80 feet in 9 miles. The ride in takes 35 minutes, the ride home about 30 (the day of work thing which tmcd mentions adds 5 minutes :biggrin: ) which gives a very similar average to yours but for a hill-free ride with only one set of lights.

Hills just slaughter me, though.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
my commute is 8.4 miles. to get to work it takes about 30-32 minutes. to get home takes 24-26 minutes.

the difference is due to two hills a bloody head winds. (one section of the route seems to act like a wind tunnel. 30mph in one direction and 15 in the other !!)

what are your "there" and "back" times ???

i do 6.3 miles in 23 mins, is that good, average or crap lol?

if its crap then i know i need to up my performance to work

i got 3 big hills, and i have the usual roundabouts and light
That sounds very good indeed. A lot better than me, my current 5 mile commute on a heavily ladended, wide tyred hybrid is taking me about 25 mins (30+ when I add in lights, give ways etc) but its all up hill (practically all 412ft of it). I could go faster if I ditched the load put narrower tyres on the bike (used a lighter bike) but for the time saving over such a short distance, the numpties on the road, lack of really secure parking and the opportunity to sit sweating in the uni sweating all day, its not worth it. On the plus side it takes 20mins on the way home for half the effort :-)

Top Bottom