60 mile bike ride kit list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Well. Ok. I kind of assumed that's what you were getting at, but if going for a bike ride is such a high risk, perhaps I should make my will and put my affairs in order before i next venture out. Or perhaps we shouldn't be cycling at all if it's really so risky that this even needs considering.

Sorry for slightly facetious reply, but i think my point has some validity

Why? Or more to the point, why particularly carry id for going out on your bike, rather than, say, going to the park?
And after all, what id exactly does a teenager actually posses

Just seems like common sense to me. Not just when you are on the bike but at all times. I use an ID bracelet when on the bike with name, address, contact number and even shows my blood group. At all other times I always have some form of ID and my mobile contains ICE (in case of emergency) numbers.
It doesn't have to be anything as elaborate, a piece of card with your details on would suffice.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
When I was only a little older than Matt, I rode 100 miles to Brighton with a mate one weekend, just for the fun of it. Stayed at a youth hostel then rode home the next day.

Didn't do any planning, didn't have a mobile phone (they didn't exist in those days), didn't have any form of id, didn't have any toolkits or hi viz or helmets, just went for a bike ride. Amazingly, we survived.

d.

When I was only a little older than Matt, I rode 100 miles to Brighton with a mate one weekend, just for the fun of it. Stayed at a youth hostel then rode home the next day.

Didn't do any planning, didn't have a mobile phone (they didn't exist in those days), didn't have any form of id, didn't have any toolkits or hi viz or helmets, just went for a bike ride. Amazingly, we survived.

d.

I'm sure most of us have done similar things in the past. But the lad asked for advice, which is what he has received. Some of it may be a little OTT in your opinion, but there are certainly some good points (in my opinion)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm sure most of us have done similar things in the past. But the lad asked for advice, which is what he has received. Some of it may be a little OTT in your opinion, but there are certainly some good points (in my opinion)

Agreed, lots of good suggestions. I'm just wary of scaring him off when we should be giving him encouragement.

d.

Top Bottom