70/80's?music query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok, here goes, I saw someone post a question like this on C+ and it worked.

What's the name of this piece of music?

It's electronic, and 'pingy' and they always used to use it to play over shots of sand yachts and things back in the 80's and I heard it yesterday in a carphone warehouse ad..

Possibly by Jean-Micheal Jarre? But I dunno.

It goes like this:

doo doo doo-doo doo-doo dooo

doo doo doo-doo doo-doo dooo

doo doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo-doo doo-doo

doo doo doo-doo doooo

<change key, repeat>

I quite like to see if I can download it from itunes... But I don't hink I can search for doo-doo doos

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
"Popcorn" by Hot Butter. :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Popcorn it is. It's on i-tunes, too. Don't be fooled by the other versions, like by Crazy F*ckin' Frog, or other rave-y versions. I still have the original 7" single somewhere in the attic! :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie]If you are unsure go to [url]www.visit4info.com[/url said:
which is an online database of ads. Search for carphone warehouse on the front page and it should come up with all the ads so you can watch them!
I refer the right-honourable member for the East Midlands to the answer I gave previously :tongue:[/url]

Ahem, but, your smuttiness, it's a useful resource, and in future, if anyone wants to look up ads for their music or whatever the link is here!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bingo!

Got it now...

Fantastic! Although I realise doo was the worng word really it's more like a cros between ping and pop....

:tongue:

Cheers all. I make go and see if itunes have oxygene as well, I seem to remember liking it too!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
No, I'd recognised it on the ad, but the doo-doo's confirmed my popcornery-suspicions...
Cheers Kirstie for the link, too. It is useful! :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie said:
That music always makes me think of the gymnast Nadia Cominec (sp) at the olympic games doing her floor routine in 1976?!?
...[sneaks off for cold shower...]
hold on, that sounds a bit pervy...she was a bit on the young side...er, make that Ludmilla Tereschova (sp) then....

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
ha! I'm having an electronic music fest! Oxygene 4 downloaded.

Takes me right back to a certain era...

Hmm. Vangelis's theme to Chariots of Fire...

Top Bottom