700 x 32c Tyre Recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
they are but you’re not aiming for PB’s with them on
I know, but when the medicine is worse than the illness!

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
I’ve just switched to marathon plus, a heavy tyre & buggers to fit😬 & after a 100 miles I’m not sure I like them.
They seem to have a bit of drag but it might be just me, might go back to the Roubaix pro’s as if I did have a puncture I wouldn’t want to try a repair on the road side.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Doesn’t seem to come in 32mm width though?
True, by the looks of it they start at 35mm which is what mine are.

The OP never specified a size so I was guessing, only Vickster mentioned 32 in a later reply... is that picked up from another thread of the OP's maybe?

And as an open musing, I wonder is 3mm tolerable here perhaps? Depends on the wheels I guess.

vickster

Legendary Member
True, by the looks of it they start at 35mm which is what mine are.

The OP never specified a size so I was guessing, only Vickster mentioned 32 in a later reply... is that picked up from another thread of the OP's maybe?

And as an open musing, I wonder is 3mm tolerable here perhaps? Depends on the wheels I guess.
It says 32 in the thread title?!

Attachments

• 15FDB943-CAB4-486B-8FE6-D777EABBF7C5.png
    15FDB943-CAB4-486B-8FE6-D777EABBF7C5.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 2

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It says 32 in the thread title?!
My mistake, sorry.

Will a 35 fit his bike?

Dwn

Another vote for the Schwalbe G One Speed. You can get them in 30mm width, and they have been great on both road and cycle paths. Seem pretty puncture resistant - so far.

Reactions: DRM

CXRAndy

Guru
Tubeless is the way to go. However if you dont want that, then buy inner tubes that have removable valve inserts.

Inject 75mil of Orange endurance sealant into each inner tube. Virtually all your tiny pin prick punctures will stop. It wont stop pinch flats, but of you're running bigger tyres its unlikely to occur :okay:

Tribansman

Veteran
Pirelli Cinturato. I've done 5,000 miles+ on mine with zero punctures and tread still looks good. That includes a fair bit of off road and in all weathers. I have 32s and also run them at low pressure due to having carpal tunnel, anything over 45-50psi aggravates too much. Ok, I'm only 68kg, but gives a very comfortable ride.

Way better feel and lighter than M+. Expensive but very good value

I’m a fan of Continental travel contacts. Good puncture protection, slick down the centre makes then easy rolling on tarmac while the knobbly edges help with grip off road.

Top Bottom