700c 32c tyres for paths?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomtomato

Regular
Hi,

I am looking for the best tyres to cycle on the road, and on tow paths (with occasional gravel), so with suitable threads, but ideally not too slow on the road.

I am also looking for something puncture-resistant.

One of the choices seem to be the Marathon tyres (standard model), but they seem to be very hard to fit (and therefore remove and repair when on the road) and also heavy.

Any other good choices?

Thanks!
T.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Marathon Pluses as you say.

They take a bit of effort to fit, that is all. And once fitted the first time, they are much easier the next time.

But you won't need to. Cause you won't get a puncture.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
They are fine on the road. I had them on a road bike for commuting and they didn't feel heavy at all.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Marathon plus are what you need. Go on YouTube and look for the spa cycles video, follow that and they are no harder to fit than any other tyre.

vickster

Legendary Member
I found marathon plus really slippery and sluggish, in a 28mm. Glad to get rid (I actually sold the whole bike)

Ymmv

I had conti contacts, great tyres for me on the town bike, lasted for ever, well at least 6000 miles before the rear p'tured. A previous town bike had conti reflex for the visibility and I can't recall them either giving me a problem.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I run standard marathons on my Brompton, they are pretty decent, no deflation problems and less sluggish than m pluses

Wafer

Veteran
The x'plor ush tyres that came with my croix de fer are pretty good for that mixture. Can't comment on puncture resistance but I've been surprised at how well they run on the road and cope with canal path really well.

Added: ah, just remembered they are 700x35 though. Too much beer at the rugby today!

Top Bottom