700C Rear cassette hub with 125mmO.L.D.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope someone can give me a clue where I could get a decent Alloy 700C rear wheel with cassette freewheel to take 7 speed. O.L.D. 125mm. I am really struggling to find one for my Raleigh? Is the answer to get the rear dropouts pushed out? Thanks in anticipation. Ken.

midlife

Guru
There is always a wheelbuilder who will build you one. Cycle clinic for example. Otherwise it might be a trawl through ebay.

Hope someone can give me a clue where I could get a decent Alloy 700C rear wheel with cassette freewheel to take 7 speed. O.L.D. 125mm. I am really struggling to find one for my Raleigh? Is the answer to get the rear dropouts pushed out? Thanks in anticipation. Ken.
Your OLD is almost certainly126mm, and by far the easiest option is to simply force the wheel you want in, as they are 130mm. Unless your frame is something other than steel, unlikely with that dimension, or awkward construction (a mixte, for example), just spring it in. Gentle, and I mean gentle, persuasion with a small car jack can help. Slow and steady always the way. But you may well find you can just about pop it in.

OP
OP
Saracenlad

Saracenlad

Your OLD is almost certainly126mm, and by far the easiest option is to simply force the wheel you want in, as they are 130mm. Unless your frame is something other than steel, unlikely with that dimension, or awkward construction (a mixte, for example), just spring it in. Gentle, and I mean gentle, persuasion with a small car jack can help. Slow and steady always the way. But you may well find you can just about pop it in.
My OLD is 126mm. Thanks for that. Having a go with car jack later. Thanks.

Top Bottom