70s-80 saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
Hi im after a saddle to go with my alan road racing bike but im not sure which saddles they were using in those days can any body help pictures would help cheers.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
The 2 photo's at the bottom here are mine from a late 1970's Carlton.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
cheers for that i dont think they were racing those saddles on the alan racing bikes well i hope not because it would look naf on my bike.

Attachments

• DSCF1182.JPG
    DSCF1182.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 84

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
The Selle San Marco Rolls was a favourite for quite a while; I can't remember exactly when it came out, but it was some time in the early/mid-Eighties.

And best of all it was reintroduced, so you can buy a new one for a reasonable price: a little less than similarly speced Brooks models.

Second-hand ones are available in other colours.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
cheers for the reply's ive striped the bike down the wheels were wrong for the age of the bike plus they were 9 speed and i need a 6 or 7 speed wheels.The stem was the wrong size to so ive got a 90mm stem now the one that was on there was a 140 much to long,im looking for campagnolo super record levers i dont know wether to go for aero or cables and campagnolo record calipers because the ones ive got are modol ones so ive got a bit of work i was going to sell it but the frame and groupset is so nice ill think ill keep it and do it up over time.

tyred

Legendary Member
I own a San Marco Rolls and I know many love them but I find the most unbearable instrument of torture ever to be invented.

Top Bottom