70's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Yep, one of my mates was a friend of his at school and they learnt/played guitars together.
He seems like a quiet, reserved chap. Extremely talented.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In 76 I played the fife, being as there were a lot of parades celebrating our independence from the.......
Oh, and my Varsity got traded in on a used Motobecane which I got for racing. I was never too fond of that bicycle, I think I sold it on after a year and got a Puch, and later N+1, which was a DL-1 for college use. I got something else when I got into sophmore year, I think a used lower end Bottechia.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cowhorn handlebars, I remember fitting them on a bike I'd made from bits and pieces to make what would now be a hack bike I guess. Biggest tyres my paper round money could buy, knobblies of course and I had an all weather road bike, crosses and general tear about machine. The ever ready lights weighed a ton as well!
I still have my Tracker bike - 1976 Elswick Hopper with cowhorns, stubby guards, and knobbly touring tyres. It's awful to ride so I never do.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cowhorns, monkey bars, saddles covered in rabbit fur (gawld knows why, someone did it, we all followed), even taking your bike to the local blacksmiths and getting him to make some fork extensions so you could ride 'ezy rider style'...a definate no no nowadays on two levels...no blacksmiths and the H&S aspect would scare the living daylights out of you now.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I had a red Chopper and a Tomahawk (I might have imagined that but it seems a thing). Grifters as a motorcycle would have been awesome! Think I was too big for a Grifter and I got distracted by putting bags on a bike and being able to travel and fell in love with touring bikes.

Top Bottom