7kg MTB machined from single piece of aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
lightweight-aluminium-mountain-bike.jpg

you would need to grip the bars tight to avoid sliding off that saddle though :okay:
and the chain's slack.

Attachments

• lightweight-aluminium-mountain-bike.jpg
    lightweight-aluminium-mountain-bike.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 135
you would need to grip the bars tight to avoid sliding off that saddle though :okay:

Maybe sliding ON the seat is how you're meant to stay on it ;)

It's a very old fashioned and rather primitive high pivot single pivot elevated swing arm. Without a high end platform-valved shock it'll suffer terribly from chain tension induced top out. The design of the seat mast allows for near zero seat height adjustment. The shape of the frame seems arbitrary and most of the structural members appear to bear little relevance to any of the load paths. But it is shiny. Which is nice.

Jody

Stubborn git
It's a very old fashioned and rather primitive high pivot single pivot elevated swing arm. Without a high end platform-valved shock it'll suffer terribly from chain tension induced top out. The design of the seat mast allows for near zero seat height adjustment. .

It has a high end valved shock on it but looks hidden in the frame and DH bikes don't really require seat height changes.

Jody

Stubborn git
Why have the seat at all on a downhill bike?

Good question. Probably to have a little break as you riding back to the pits/uplift, finished a race etc. 5 minutes of intense downhill and your knacked. You can't ride stood up all the time, similar to BMX and Danny Mac etc.

Local guy to us was stocking a sub 20lb MTB. It looked gorgeous but then I saw the price :eek:

15lb for the fame in the OP is pretty heavy considering you can get complete decent AM/160 travel bike that is around 30lb

If it is for downhill racing/riding. I don't suppose weight is an issue. In fact. Surely heavier is better? Especially if racing where you get a lift to the top?

Jody

Stubborn git
If it is for downhill racing/riding. I don't suppose weight is an issue. In fact. Surely heavier is better? Especially if racing where you get a lift to the top?

Weight isn't as big an issue but you still have to stop, change direction and let it move around under you. So a heavier bike would be more cumbersome.

Weight isn't as big an issue but you still have to stop, change direction and let it move around under you. So a heavier bike would be more cumbersome.

I wonder then if a fatter rider, where the rider can move the weight about then. Would be beneficial than looking like Froome?

Top Bottom