8 months to train for c2c in a day. Is it possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
Hi guys the hospital that recently cared for my mum are running a c2c in a day sponsored event in September.

I'e not been on the bike since November and even then it was riding with my lad.

Do you think I could get myself into a position to ride it by September?

vickster

Legendary Member
How far is it? You’ve got 8 months, assuming you are relatively fit and able to train, ie ride regularly I’m sure you’d be able to do it

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Yes. Easily enough time to prepare, you just need to plan your training a bit.

As has been mentioned above, knowing how far it is and how many stops are being planned etc would help us to help you:rolleyes:

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Its 170miles. The way of the roses. I planned on doing it on my CX bike as I'd heard there was varying terrain. My fitness levels at the moment are non existent as I've spent the last few months helping to sort my mum out through her cancer battle.

si_c

Guru
170miles is plenty doable. At this stage I'd suggest just getting out on the bike each week and trying to rack up the miles. A good rule of thumb is that whatever you can do comfortably in a week you can do uncomfortably in a day (I'm quoting someone from this forum, but I forget who, sorry).

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I wouldn't beat yourself up over thinking weather you,can complete the whole distance, merely attempting it is special enough ..
If I were to sponsor I'd have no quibble paying even if while distance not covered ..
Be proud you're doing it and the reason why ..
My wife and daughter take part in Race for Life every year, I ride my bike a distance and people at work donate ...
I think the most important part is being there ..

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Something not mentioned, but is very important is time management.

Time can slip away so quickly if you dont consciously keep an eye on it. Toilet breaks can become 15 minutes. Four toilet breaks can be 20km. A short coffee break can be 30 minutes followed by a toilet break. I watched guys on the Transcontinental race wandering around and checking the same things again and again. The women know how to manage time. Practice time management it can save you 50km+ in time on a day ride.

Top Bottom