England : Kent 9th March Kent Springtime ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I thinki may have to pull out of this one this time,i have trapped nerves in my back and in constant pain,cant even ride 50 yards without being in agony,if its sorted in time then i'll still be along but not holding out much hope.

Sorry to hear about this Chris.
Hope it heals up quickly.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I thinki may have to pull out of this one this time,i have trapped nerves in my back and in constant pain,cant even ride 50 yards without being in agony,if its sorted in time then i'll still be along but not holding out much hope.
Ouch!!
GWS...

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I would like to join you on this if you don't mind, what kind of speed do you keep?
distance is not a problem for me, but me nor my bike are built for speed :sweat:
This will be a gentle ride and nobody will be left behind. I also have a couple of friends joining the ride and they are both beginners.

rb58

Enigma
Tim - I've had to pull out of Stu's ride, so I'll probably be along for this, but will peel off at Speedgate as I'll need to be back by lunchtime-ish.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
not going to make this ride now :cry:
my sons going for a taster session with wigmore c.c :wahhey:
will keep watch for another ride that I can come along,
have fun :bicycle:

rb58

Enigma
Tim - when you say "gentle", can I take that to mean we'll be going up the long way to Speedgate and not the short sharp way? If so, and there are no other scary climbs, then I may come on the Fixed.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Tim - when you say "gentle", can I take that to mean we'll be going up the long way to Speedgate and not the short sharp way? If so, and there are no other scary climbs, then I may come on the Fixed.
When I say gentle, I was referring to the speed more than anything! Here is the route
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=509403
There are 3 steep hills, that are relatively short. One of which is the one near Woodlands Golf course. So not sure how rideable this will be on a fixed, but they aren't too bad on a geared bike.

So far, it looks like it is me, Boybiker, you, plus one of my work friends. Anyone else up for this ride of about 50km in the best Kent countryside you can imagine.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Tim, I will bring this ride to the attention of my younger son (14) and my beloved wife (21), both of whom are contemplating riding round the IoW in May and fancy some preparatory riding. There are mutterings about rain on Saturday though...

Oh, and the route I see when I click on the bikeroutetoaster link seems to be longer and further south...

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Thanks Tim. Which way round we going - clockwise or anti-clockwise? The weather forecast is none too promising though.
Anti-clockwise, so we go up Knatts Valley
One of my friends has already made sounds about dropping out due to rain. I will be doing it anyway as I am building up miles for LEL training.

Top Bottom