A 9spd Mirage that appears to function on a 10spd cassette ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is a Campagnolo set-up though, where Shimano 'snicks' nicely in to the next gear Campy does tend to shift with a 'THUMP' although I'd describe it as a 'KERCHUNK................... THUMP' with an added CHING when the gear engages. I've had car drivers looking worried when I change gear in traffic.
Mind you certainly know it has changed gear. :becool: :whistle:

Hi again raleighnut. No- it is Campagnolo throughout. The up-shift (to high ratio ) is quite a positive action unlike the down-shift (to low ratio) which just passes by from one to another smoothly.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi again raleighnut. No- it is Campagnolo throughout. The up-shift (to high ratio ) is quite a positive action unlike the down-shift (to low ratio) which just passes by from one to another smoothly.
I was talking about my own Campagnolo (Centaur/Record 10spd) when I posted, it has never missed a gear but it certainly lets me (and anyone within a 50 yard radius) know when it is shifting.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is a Campagnolo set-up though, where Shimano 'snicks' nicely in to the next gear Campy does tend to shift with a 'THUMP' although I'd describe it as a 'KERCHUNK................... THUMP' with an added CHING when the gear engages. I've had car drivers looking worried when I change gear in traffic.
Mind you certainly know it has changed gear. :becool: :whistle:
I love the agricultural nature of campag... Reminds me of my old Guzzis.

Hi to you all that appear to be just as puzzled as I was - I have been out again and yes it does skip a sprocket every now and again but not consistently the same one.
It seems to go from high to low quite smoothly but then the skipping is usually between the 6th and the 2nd sprockets from low to high and then it will skip on a different sprocket the next time round.
Anyway - I am reverting back to my Mavic Open Pro (9spd) until I can find a pair of Silver wheels/Silver hubs/Silver spokes with suitable Campagnolo hubs.
The Mavic Aksium with 10spd are actually intended for a rather tasty Flamboyant Blue/Chrome 50cm Steve Goff frame that is now almost ready to roll.
250120151690.jpg

Top Bottom