A basic computer/printer question (if I may put upon you kind souls :) )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Do you mean.....
Download from computer to stick
Then
Put stick in printer ?
That sounds like a plan.....thanks.

Yep

I think rather than getting Dave to jump through hoops trying to find the problem which is undoubtedly a to do with the connectivity of the printer the simplest option for him would be simply to get a new cable to connect. It will surely work then. Looks like this, from my Cannon printer.
View attachment 456761
It would but then if you don’t tackle the root problem nothing else will connect either potentially making it awkward to print if you use other devices (phones, tablets, other computers etc).

Remove the printer from the Devices and Printers on the computer and re install. It would also be worth downloading the latest drivers for the printer and using those fir the install rather than the original.

It’s also worth checking your printer is connected to your WiFi. On the printer panel there should be a setup screen abd you should be able to see if it’s connected or not to your WiFi.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
When I click on the print thingy for the label it simply tell me it has been sent to my document folder............and sure enough it is there

Sounds like you might be printing to a file instead of to an output device (your Canon).
Check under printers and ensure that the default printing device is your Canon and not something else.

This is usually indicated by a green tick against the relevant device. If your printer isn't the default, right-click on it and choose 'set as default' then try printing again.

Sharky

Guru
also worth checking the printer queue (see what's printing). There may be a print job that has hung and holding up the others. Try deleting them all and send a test print to the printer and watch what happens.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Give a man a fish & he has a nice meal, give him a net & he can eat forever, or something like that
Exactly, give a man a lead to connect his printer and computer and it will print forever but give him an insoluble connectivity problem and he'll be scratching his head forever.

keithmac

Guru
Father in law haf no end of bother with wireless printing, in the end I fitted a cable for him (laptop was on the sane desk as the printer!).

Top Bottom