A Bianchi Via Nirone 7 with a difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to all of you out there and especially to those that occasionally stray away from the expected.
Well after realising that my rather nice 52cm Benotto Modelo 850 was just a little bit of a stretch to reach the floor when coming to a halt (without carrying a brick on a length of twine) I decided to strip it down and transfer all applicable parts plus a few new items to create a rather tasty 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon frame that I collected from just outside of Durham.
The Bianchi is running on Campagnolo Veloce 10spd flat-bar levers with a triple Stronglight chainring set-up on THorn 140 cranks.
The wheels are Mavic Aksium on Mavic Aksium cartridge hubs with bladed spokes indeed the same running gear set-up as my Steve Goff Columbus tubed frame.
Yes,the pedals are my trusty old Marcel Berthet Lyotard Platform Pedals from way back in the 1960's along with Christophe toe-clips and QR leather straps.
The Bianchi is a delight to ride and all ratios are fully obtainable albeit for most of my current riding the middle 38T ring and the 46T (big ring !!) will more than do.
DSCF4339.JPG

DSCF4341.JPG
DSCF4324.JPG

Last edited:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Your lupins are early....

Bike and garden are a delight to the eye.

Hi Wisdom. Yes,I was actually rather please the way the Bianchi turned out albeit I had a 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon in Celeste but on a 9spd + triple set-up for some 6+yrs earlier but couldn't bring myself to modifying it to a flat-bar hybrid. I sold it to a rather small/petite lady up in East Lancashire a couple of years back.

Slick

Guru
Hi Slick. Thank you. That is a very nice model that you have as your forum ID image.
Was it scratch built ?
Yes, not by me unfortunately but my father in law who sailed on her in his youth. It's my real pride and joy.

Top Bottom