A bike for blind cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
If this gets Stevie Wonder out of the recording studio then I'm all for it.
Choked on my Earl Grey.:smile:

Licramite

Über Member
Don't forget that 'blind' is a catch-all phrase and AIUI, doesn't always (or even doesn't often) mean 'cannot see anything at all'. So a 'blind' person may be able to see fuzzy large shapes, distinguish between light and dark etc, all of which could be very helpful for cycling. And something to detect smaller obstacles that they might not be able to see could be very useful.

- oh that includes me then - less glasses I'm officaly blind. - which I experienced on sunday, - head banged a branch going through a wood, but it snuk under my helmet and got me in the face - fortunately my glasses stopped it - unfortunately they then fell to bits. so the last 10miles or so I was on radar only - theres a fuzzy green blob on the screen my brain was saying , could be moving ? I could see as far as my front wheel so I just watched that.
once I was on a road ity wasn't to bad.
must take a white stick or an inflatable guide dog next time.

Licramite

Über Member
most fun I had was I lost them parachuting once, had to drive back between cardiff and bridgend without them at night. -
(I had to shoot on the ranges without them on the sunday - fortunately I'm a crap shot so no-one noticed any difference)
Hmm Spare pair - I shall put them with my rubber gloves for chaining tyres and chains which I always forget to take and remember when I get a puncture.

Top Bottom