A bike like mine!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

I have one of these as my do-it-all bike:

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/kids-bikes/wiggins-chartres-junior-hybrid-bike-26-wheel

Though I lucked out and got mine secondhand from a fellow CC member. I have it set up with guards, rack & panniers and can't recommend it highly enough.

I'll find something vintage eventually. Am in no rush though, as I have two lovely bikes to ride as it is. :smile:
I'm not familiar with Wiggins bikes, but me and my daughter just had a look and yes, it's a nice looking bike. I'll have to wait and see what she goes for but I'll stick with me 'old faithful', I couldn't bear to part with it!

I'm not familiar with Wiggins bikes, but me and my daughter just had a look and yes, it's a nice looking bike. I'll have to wait and see what she goes for but I'll stick with me 'old faithful', I couldn't bear to part with it!

Your "Old Faithful" is a very fine-looking bike. :smile:

Wiggins bikes are cracking bang-for-buck - I have a Rouen road bike as well. :blush:

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Thank you, although the photo doesn't show all the scratches and missing paintwork, it's terrible up close in quite a few places. Can't afford to have the whole frame done professionally and not sure I'd want to. I don't really know much about bikes, only the research I've done on mine, so can I ask if you or anyone on here knows if there's anything you can buy to 'touch it up'?

Shows it's been well-loved. :okay:

Might be worth doing a search or asking a question in the mechanics and repairs section - there's bound to be someone or something that can help you out there. :smile:

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Shows it's been well-loved. :okay:

Might be worth doing a search or asking a question in the mechanics and repairs section - there's bound to be someone or something that can help you out there. :smile:
I've googled loads so I'll try the section on here you mentioned, thank you.

Top Bottom