A biscuit probability question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only a biscuit amateur would put bourbons with nice or digestives as the chocolate taste would infuse the other biscuits.

Honestly, I despair arwhat happened to this forum in my absence.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 5477617, member: 9609"]yes, if they were all the same size, shape and well shuffled.
I would guess the odds will be in favour of which ones were tipped in the biscuit barrel last.[/QUOTE]
The other factor to consider is the density of each biscuit type. During the shuffle, denser biscuits will naturally drop to the bottom of the bad, making them less likely to be selected.
I may do some calculations later today

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ah but are you using your hand to make the choice though, I notice that all the quoted bikkies had different shapes/ textures so it should be easy to tell them apart (unless you're wearing boxing gloves)

[QUOTE 5477617, member: 9609"]yes, if they were all the same size, shape and well shuffled.
I would guess the odds will be in favour of which ones were tipped in the biscuit barrel last.[/QUOTE]

The other factor to consider is the density of each biscuit type. During the shuffle, denser biscuits will naturally drop to the bottom of the bad, making them less likely to be selected.

You can try and model all the variables, but probability is not an exact science!
Pass the bourbons pls.

midlife

Guru

Don't forget the Brazil nut effect :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
[Shouting] Look at all them biscuits! Crickey! 'Ar many of these biscuits end to end would it take to reach the moon? [/shouting]

Top Bottom