A bit of a one-sided discussion....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Colleague this morning was telling me about a cyclist he saw out last night while walking his dog.

He said the guy was riding along, all the cycling gear on, pedalling with his left leg but his right was stationary... On the right hand pedal?!

After many minutes of discussing it and him adamant that the cyclists right foot WAS on the RH pedal and stationary, while his left went around and he saw the guy again a few minutes after as my colleague had crossed a field with his dog and the cyclist passed him again.

I now doubt my own knowledge and experience...

Is there a cycle out there that can lock out the crank on one side while pedalling with the other?

Hip Priest

Veteran
Perhaps he has a paralysed right leg, and has a specially adapted bike?

Globalti

Legendary Member
If the square taper had rounded off on the RH crank the bike wouldn't move because that crank is attached to the chainrings.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Once many moons ago my pedal sheared off mid ride and I had to do the last 5 miles single legged. My fault for not having a look at that "little bit of play" earlier.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
In the village I grew up in there was a gentleman that had an artificial leg and still cycled. I can't remember if the other pedal was still attached or if he had improvised some sort of footrest.

mattobrien

Guru
He could have been using PowerCranks.

They look wrong on so many levels - I really couldn't see me do anything other than fail and badly, if I tried to use them

Top Bottom