1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A (bit of a) ride I did last week...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 3 Sep 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

a ride I did last week (i filmed it on the phone) - 1st time I've did this simply tried it for a laugh, and to see what I looked like on a bike sort of - as for the years Ive rode - never seen myself on film not tha i'm being egocentric just curious :biggrin:...though I felt a total jerk its a pity i never got the chase by a tractor prior to this section of film..some tractors can really move ! :ohmy:

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

flippin' heck Yenners that countryside looks flat as...notice you have the tri-bars on the bike - you could get some pretty storming speeds in that neck of the woods, eh?

3. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

Interestingly, where I am I can have hills or flat (- in various directions)..this is the flat.

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

and everyone has been saying there's been no sun this year, looked to be a nice day there, Yenners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

It was quite ok and very happy that it was good considering I was off work :biggrin:

i'd love to film the chaingang if i had a helmet cam as thats under 2hrs but its late in the year most will be packing in...maybe next finances deciding...

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Why do you have two computers fitted? :biggrin:

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Talking to a Dutch colleague at the weekend, I commented onthe flatness of Cambridgeshire. She said "This is not flat..." I gather Holland goes beyond-flat..

Yeah, here in York we can have flat one way and hills the other. Guess which way I always go....

8. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

Ones a HRM....

9. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Parts of Holland are as flat as a billiard table, long straight roads, long straight canals and long straight rows of trees. If the sun isn't shining, bike rides can be a bit dull. Having said that, there are a couple of hills on my favourite loop that get as steep as 6% (woo!!). Cambridgeshire, or at least the bits of it that I've seen, has a gentle incline.

10. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Staff Member

Had a friend who had lived in the Netherlands for a few years and he told me that the Dutch equivalent of the AA have a booklet to tell their members how to drive when 'abroad'.
    Guidance included gems like: "change down a gear before you come to a hill", as the steepest hills they have are the approach/exit ramps on the motorways.

... it's always a bit scary, isn't it ???:biggrin: